Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long should a wait before chasing up a job application? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A huge, well-known firm contacted me last week, saying that they were interested in me as a candidate for one of their posts after viewing my CV. They wanted a few other details from me, such as when I would be free to start, my salary expectations, my last salary and so forth. The role sounded great and I replied enthusiastically, giving them all of the details they asked for.

That was Wednesday last week, which wasn't to long ago, I know. The thing is: I would really like this job and do intend to chase up the application if they don't reply. I was just wondering how long to wait before doing that, so that I don't end up looking pushy.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    A huge, well-known firm contacted me last week, saying that they were interested in me as a candidate for one of their posts after viewing my CV. They wanted a few other details from me, such as when I would be free to start, my salary expectations, my last salary and so forth. The role sounded great and I replied enthusiastically, giving them all of the details they asked for.

That was Wednesday last week, which wasn't to long ago, I know. The thing is: I would really like this job and do intend to chase up the application if they don't reply. I was just wondering how long to wait before doing that, so that I don't end up looking pushy.
    Deadline plus 9 working days, or if there is no deadline, 9 working days. Nine because deadlines are usually Fridays or monday and you wait two weeks, less one day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.