Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I just got offered a room in oxley in Leeds. I would like to know your experiences at oxley e.g was it lively? How big/spacious were the rooms? Did you enjoy livong there?
    And how did you cope with the distance issue?
    Also who else will be at oxley this september?
    Thanks!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm staying at Oxley this year. Have you received much information from the university? They haven't told me who or even how many people I'm sharing with. I've paid the deposit but they haven't told me much appart from my room number. There's a couple of Youtube videos of people's flats that I've found, not too sure what to make of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at oxley too! I've been wondering the same as they havemt given us more info. I'm not even sure if my room is en suite..

ReputationRep:
    All rooms in blocks A-M have an ensuite, according to the website. I've been reading a few reviews and I'm not feeling at all confident, they all say the distance is worse than you'd think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the reviews are rubbish... i think i'm gonna try to ignore them and just see if i like it. The area seems pretty nice to be fair

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at Oxley too! I visited it on the accommodation viewing day; it's not that bad I guess? I'd prefer the Tannery, personally, to be honest. The rooms seemed to be a bit dark and somewhat dingy (if that's the right word).

ReputationRep:
    Oh no dont say that!😬
    What flat are you staying in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panona)
    Oh no dont say that!😬
    What flat are you staying in?
    It honestly won't be that bad! Just with a few warm/home touches, like fairy lights or posters etc. will brighten it up, I'm sure. It's just the colour scheme of the residences that's very old timey and dark which makes everything else seem dark, that's all!

I'll be in Block J1.11, I think? What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha thats a relief
    It says fairy lights arent allowed.. bummer cuz i already bought some. Maybe battery powered ones as theres not so much of a hazard?
    E2.12 i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panona)
    Haha thats a relief
    It says fairy lights arent allowed.. bummer cuz i already bought some. Maybe battery powered ones as theres not so much of a hazard?
    E2.12 i think
    Yeah, I think battery powered ones are safer! And as long as you don't keep them near anything flammable it'll fine

Aww, that sounds like it's ages away from me.

ReputationRep:
    I know! I'll probs see you around anyways though
    What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully studying Cardiac Physiology if I pass my DBS! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds so interesting!
    Nursing (adult)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yours sounds interesting too! It's good to know that there are other healthcare students at Oxley

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hopefully!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.