Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I just got my accommodation offer from Keele University and it wasn't what I wanted. I really can't share a bathroom I have a serious phobia of public bathrooms. Any suggestions before I decline my offer? I have less than 3 days to decide and I'd be appreciative of any help I can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crivviewolf)
    Hi,
    I just got my accommodation offer from Keele University and it wasn't what I wanted. I really can't share a bathroom I have a serious phobia of public bathrooms. Any suggestions before I decline my offer? I have less than 3 days to decide and I'd be appreciative of any help I can get.
    You've come through clearing so you didn't get the chance to apply for the nicer en-suite accommodations months before as most of the Keele firmers did so they've offered you a shared bathroom option, probably what was leftover. I don't think you should decline the offer as it doesn't get much lower than 'shared bathrooms' in student accommodation. If you do decline, its unlikely they'll offer you a better room and that's if they even decide to offer you an alternative. My mum always says 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'.

Unless you'd rather look for private accommodation, you have that option. Or commuting if you don't live too far away from the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Email the Student Accommodation office as soon as possible to ask for a different room, but don't decline your current offer yet (in case the office can't get you a new offer in time).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.