The Student Room Group

Unrequited love

This isn't my main account so I'm not going to use anon.
There's a guy that a really like and I think he knows that I like him but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back as he's never shown any sign of it. I've liked him for about two years now and I spent most of that time without telling my friends that I liked him. I don't really talk to them about it and I've run out of ways to try and get over him, so I think maybe talking about him to someone might help as I've never really talked about this with anyone.
I'd really appretiate it if someone who knows what it feels like to go through this would let me message them and talk about him and how I'm feeling, because I think it might help me get this off my chest and maybe start to get over him.
Reply 1
Original post by Tiontlaolvley
There's a guy that a really like and I think he knows that I like him but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back as he's never shown any sign of it. I've liked him for about two years now and I spent most of that time without telling my friends that I liked him. I don't really talk to them about it and I've run out of ways to try and get over him, so I think maybe talking about him to someone might help as I've never really talked about this with anyone.
I'd really appretiate it if someone who knows what it feels like to go through this would let me message them and talk about him and how I'm feeling, because I think it might help me get this off my chest and maybe start to get over him.

hey i PM'ed u
Original post by Tiontlaolvley

I know how you feel. I liked a guy for 2 and a half years, and he knew that I liked him. The biggest mistake that I made was to tell my sister that I liked him because she spent the next year waiting outside our class when I came out, adding him on every form of social media, and asking me about him all the time. So I suddenly decided not to talk to anyone about him, but I think by that time it was too late. I told myself to get over this guy as we were both going to different uni's and there were many more reasons why I should just 'put the past behind me'. I managed to form a healthy detachment from him for about a year. But Then he started to pursue my sister :facepalm: And that just brought all the old emotions back to me. So I've had a pretty rough year! (Anonymous as one of them is on TSR lol :tongue: ) I can message you on this account if you like x
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know how you feel. I liked a guy for 2 and a half years, and he knew that I liked him. The biggest mistake that I made was to tell my sister that I liked him because she spent the next year waiting outside our class when I came out, adding him on every form of social media, and asking me about him all the time. So I suddenly decided not to talk to anyone about him, but I think by that time it was too late. I told myself to get over this guy as we were both going to different uni's and there were many more reasons why I should just 'put the past behind me'. I managed to form a healthy detachment from him for about a year. But Then he started to pursue my sister :facepalm: And that just brought all the old emotions back to me. So I've had a pretty rough year! (Anonymous as one of them is on TSR lol :tongue: ) I can message you on this account if you like x

does ur sis like him. pm me
Original post by Anonymous

Yes message me! It's so great to know that I'm not alone in feeling like this, but I'm sad that you do feel this way as I know it's awful.
I met what I still consider to be the closest to a 10/10 I have ever met. When we met we were college friends and I was too shy, had no experience in dating or flirting etc. We became good friends for the college year and I became obsessed tbh.

Anyway over the year I worked on myself and improved my life ten fold. We hung out a few times, I tried to escape the friendzone I had put myself in a few times but I was always swerved. I improved my confidence so much that I pursued other girls, but its hard being ugly lol and they didn't go anywhere, but I still had a go and left without developing feelings.

But my thoughts always came back to this one girl. I found out shes leaving town for Uni so I decided that I would play my final card and I would move on. I asked her out for dinner. Swerved again. This time though I told her that I was essentially walking out her life. I told her that I will always care, and if she ever needs anything I will always have time for her but she knew that I was basically saying I wasn't going to make the effort any longer.
When she eventually replied she too wished me all the best and promised that she will see me again.

I was so sad I might have cried a little when I was writing the message to her. I was saying goodbye to someone I cared for, even if she didn't return the same level of feelings i had.

So i have begun my new chapter of my life. I will tone down the feelings I have. But ultimately, I will never truly forget them.
Perhaps she will arrange to see me again. Hopefully i will have had enough time to tone my feelings down. I think if we do meet I will just go with the flow and try not get caught up with my feelings.

Some days are just damn hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending