The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Would the University of Birmingham be regarded as a mid/low tier RG university?

Where Oxbridge/LSE/UCL/Imperial would constitute the top tier?
Reply 1
bump
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Probably Low tier with Soton, QMUL, York, Leeds etc

its a good uni but not in the mid bracket with Bristol/Notts/Kings imo
Original post by Make39kButNoHoes
Probably Low tier with Soton, QMUL, York, Leeds etc

its a good uni but not in the mid bracket with Bristol/Notts/Kings imo

Both Kings and QMUL are shocking though. I know of two accounts people getting into an AAA course with ABB and BBB to Kings. Likewise someone from TSR got into an AAB course at QMUL with BBC. I have no idea why QMUL is in the Russell Group and KCL is literally piggybacking on it's past legacy.

I think rankings in general are arbitrary and really apart from the top 5 (Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial and LSE) there's a marginal difference in quality of teaching between the other RGs. I'll give credits to Birmingham though, they've really improved in the last few years. Leeds is terrifically underrated as well.
Reply 4
I would say mid/top tier, amongst the big cities like University of Manchester, nottingham and sheffield
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Probably Low tier with Soton, QMUL, York, Leeds etc its a good uni but not in the mid bracket with Bristol/Notts/Kings imo
Probably Low tier with Soton, QMUL, York, Leeds etc its a good uni but not in the mid bracket with Bristol/Notts/Kings imo

According to QS univeristy rankings, the complete university guide and times league table, Birmingham ranks higher than both Bristol and nottingham. Don't know what made you say otherwise.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending