Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

denitsty people - i need to ask somethinnnnng Watch

ReputationRep:
    i had 4 teeth removed whilst asleep 3 days ago (wisdoms) and needed stitches.

its been many years since having a tooth removed as i clinically have too many, my question is, how long should my mouth hurt for? i cant remember
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Everyone is different, there's no amount of time that it 'should' hurt for. While you were under anaesthetic they may have given you a long-acting analgesic, which is why it may start to hurt more a couple of days after surgery than it did straight afterwards, as the drugs wear off. I recently had dental surgery and to my memory the pain lasted about six days, but this should be mentioned in any paperwork that they gave you.

If you are concerned, or are in unbearable pain, then you should contact the clinic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Everyone is different, there's no amount of time that it 'should' hurt for. While you were under anaesthetic they may have given you a long-acting analgesic, which is why it may start to hurt more a couple of days after surgery than it did straight afterwards, as the drugs wear off. I recently had dental surgery and to my memory the pain lasted about six days, but this should be mentioned in any paperwork that they gave you.

If you are concerned, or are in unbearable pain, then you should contact the clinic.
    they gave me some morphine as i came round as i was in pain and iv been taking semi-regualr painkillers since il re-read the paper work soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    they gave me some morphine as i came round as i was in pain and iv been taking semi-regualr painkillers since il re-read the paper work soon
    Did you enjoy Barcelona?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Did you enjoy Barcelona?
    oh it was soo good!
    parc de la ciutadella was so lovely! people playing bongo drums, loads of people tight-rope walking, people sleeping everywhere you look, people with big bubble things for kids! ah loved it!!

ReputationRep:
    oh it was soo good!
    parc de la ciutadella was so lovely! people playing bongo drums, loads of people tight-rope walking, people sleeping everywhere you look, people with big bubble things for kids! ah loved it!!
    Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent.
    and la sagrada famillia was so beautiful!! defo worth the money and the wait!
    got a cracking golden brown tan too

ReputationRep:
    and la sagrada famillia was so beautiful!! defo worth the money and the wait!
    got a cracking golden brown tan too
    Glad it all went well. I should have remembered the zoo in the park. My son used to live in a flat with a view of the flamingos from his balcony. It's certainly a climate for tanning.

ReputationRep:
    Glad it all went well. I should have remembered the zoo in the park. My son used to live in a flat with a view of the flamingos from his balcony. It's certainly a climate for tanning.
    ah thats so cool!!
    id live there tomorrow if i could

ReputationRep:
    ah thats so cool!!
    id live there tomorrow if i could
    Unfortunately, it'll cost you. His studio flat is €850 a month.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, it'll cost you. His studio flat is €850 a month.
    ouch!
    over there, do they get benefit help for people on low income or anything? i ask because i saw alot of homeless people

ReputationRep:
    ouch!
    over there, do they get benefit help for people on low income or anything? i ask because i saw alot of homeless people
    I don't know about that, I'm afraid. I suppose there is something as it's a civilised EU country, but I know no more than that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.