dangerdanger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Heya lovelies,

I have heard some things about Medicine through UCAS Clearing in 2016 this year, which I have never thought of in my entire life!!!

I just wanted to hear your stories?

I know St George's has offered through Clearing - I wanted to know what processes you had to go through? I heard on BBC news that Manchester offered Medicine through clearing this year and offers went in under 1 minute!?!?!

Anyway let me know!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zain.Y
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone?
JayAhm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As far as I'm aware, Manchester did not offer places for medicine through clearing.

St Georges did advertise in advance that they'd be entering clearing for medicine this time.

Agree - it would be nice to hear some stories of people who managed to secure a place for medicine through clearing or even through calling up medical schools.
The Medic Portal
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dangerdanger)
Heya lovelies,

I have heard some things about Medicine through UCAS Clearing in 2016 this year, which I have never thought of in my entire life!!!

I just wanted to hear your stories?

I know St George's has offered through Clearing - I wanted to know what processes you had to go through? I heard on BBC news that Manchester offered Medicine through clearing this year and offers went in under 1 minute!?!?!

Anyway let me know!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey there,

Yup that's right! Medicine clearing is a thing now! One of the students we tutored went through St. George's clearing. After initially receiving 4 rejections, he was invited to interview on the Saturday after A level results on Thursday.

He had an MMI interview, and 40 minutes after it was finished, they offered him a place!

Hope the above gives you a little insight and good luck with your application.

The Medic Portal
tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah one of my friends got into St George's with AAB after missing AAA for Queen Mary's
Zain.Y
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Would you still need to apply via UCAS first at start of year 13 to apply through clearing?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zain.Y)
Would you still need to apply via UCAS first at start of year 13 to apply through clearing?
I fail to see a scenario whereby you'd want to get into medicine through clearing but not through the normal application route?
The Medic Portal
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zain.Y)
Hey there,

Clearing isn't a guaranteed option. We spoke to St. George's today on the phone and they told us that they can't confirm that they will be offering places on clearing for 2017-entry Medicine.

This is because it totally depends on the quality of applicants, and whether students meet their grades, so the university will only know if they have places available for clearing around A level exam results time.

Therefore, you shouldn't rely on clearing!

The Medic Portal
devkulasooriya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The Medic Portal)
Hey there,

Yup that's right! Medicine clearing is a thing now! One of the students we tutored went through St. George's clearing. After initially receiving 4 rejections, he was invited to interview on the Saturday after A level results on Thursday.

He had an MMI interview, and 40 minutes after it was finished, they offered him a place!

Hope the above gives you a little insight and good luck with your application.

The Medic Portal
Did he initially apply to that university?
busybee8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wanted to know whether you completely have to meet that universities requirements to be accepted through clearing e.g. taking Biology and Chemistry?
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by busybee8)
I wanted to know whether you completely have to meet that universities requirements to be accepted through clearing e.g. taking Biology and Chemistry?
Yes. And meet their standard offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads