Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm soo confused on what I want to do. Basically I have got a offer from a university to do accounting and finance but I also have an interview for a lab assistant apprenticeship. I have no idea what to do and which route will take me into a good career. I really cannot make the decision and I would really appreciate any feedback as well as experience please. And Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Megan, I have the same issue. I've been accepted to Uni for exactly the same course as you but I've also been offered an advanced apprenticeship to be an accountant. The pay is quite significant and they said they'd pay for me to do degree's in the future, but I'm still anxious about what to do? I've talked to a few people about it, and the majority have said the apprenticeship, even people that go to Univeristy. They think you can't go wrong with gaining experience whilst earning money at the same time, especially if they will pay for your degree's (you should probably ask for information on stuff like this). A lot of people mentioned that if I don't like it then I can always drop out and go to Univeristy further down the line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran98)
    Hi Megan, I have the same issue. I've been accepted to Uni for exactly the same course as you but I've also been offered an advanced apprenticeship to be an accountant. The pay is quite significant and they said they'd pay for me to do degree's in the future, but I'm still anxious about what to do? I've talked to a few people about it, and the majority have said the apprenticeship, even people that go to Univeristy. They think you can't go wrong with gaining experience whilst earning money at the same time, especially if they will pay for your degree's (you should probably ask for information on stuff like this). A lot of people mentioned that if I don't like it then I can always drop out and go to Univeristy further down the line.
    If you can get a degree throughout the apprenticeship you'll get paid experience in your field and no debt, sounds like an amazing idea to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by MeganJonessssc)
    Hey guys,
    I'm soo confused on what I want to do. Basically I have got a offer from a university to do accounting and finance but I also have an interview for a lab assistant apprenticeship. I have no idea what to do and which route will take me into a good career. I really cannot make the decision and I would really appreciate any feedback as well as experience please. And Thank you!!
    Hey guys, take a look at TSR'sawesome apprenticeship zone, loads of options here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...nticeship-zone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fxlloutboyy)
    If you can get a degree throughout the apprenticeship you'll get paid experience in your field and no debt, sounds like an amazing idea to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I suppose it does. I guess I feel like I'm just going to miss out on the social side of things and the experience that everyone has at uni. I guess it's worth giving up to not be in racks of debt however.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kieran,
    Honestly it's a very tough position to be in, I completely understand how you feel. To be fair I think I'm going to go for the apprenticeship route reason being I think that uni is not going anywhere we still hear time where we can gain experience as well as save up which will be ideal for the future. It's amazing to hear that you have been offered this apprenticeship and they can pay for uni. If I was you I would go for it. I've been looking for an accounting apprenticeship but did not find any.

ReputationRep:
    I also do feel like I will miss the social side of it but I guess it don't matter what anyone else does as long as what's you do makes you happy and can provide you with a stable future.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.