Hi guys, thanks for reading first of all.
I need help making a decision here on my accommodation.
So I'm starting uni in Brighton on the 26th of September and I applied for Student Halls. I got an offer, and need to make a decision on it by Thursday.
My problem is Student Finance is being super fussy about my application - I'm missing original evidence for my proof of residence for a 8 month period when I was having electronic payslips and bank statements - Already sent them bank statements printed, signed and stamped at the branch, printed payslips but it was declined, and last Friday sent all else I could think of - My college enrolment form and college certificates for that year, copy of my P60 and copied payslips again. But that might still not tick their boxes.
There is no way I can make it without student finance, so the question is: Is it possible to give my contract for the accommodation to someone else if my finance turns out to be declined in 2 weeks time?
What would you guys do if you were me?
I know there is always private accommodation I could sort out after I get a sure reply from Student Finance, but I really wanted to live in the halls for the first year, so just wanted to know if there is a way of giving the contract to someone else if things turn out bad for me in terms of finance.
Student Finance not confirmed - Need to make a decision on accommodation by Thursday Watch
- Thread Starter
- 22-08-2016 23:03
- 22-08-2016 23:07
Usually you are able to transfer your contract to someone else - however the problem is there is no guarantee that you will find someone to take it over and if you do not then you are liable to pay the rent for the year. I personally would not sign it as I wouldn't want to take the risk but it is up to you. Perhaps you could ring SFE and explain the situation and see if they can tell you whether your evidence will be accepted or not. You could even ring the accomadation themselves and see what they say.
- 22-08-2016 23:16
Speak to the university - they are the ones best placed to advise on whether they may be able to treat you as a 'special case'
- Thread Starter
- 24-08-2016 12:31
Thanks for your advice guys, ive decided to not take the risk, however before declining it I'm going to ring the uni and accomodation to see what they can do.