Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got ABBB in computer science,physics,maths and chemistry respectively.should I resit for chem phy and maths? Will I be able to get my grades to 4A* without resits? I was doing really well in tests and preparatory at school. I just don't know how I messed up but guys please advice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osama1997)
    I got ABBB in computer science,physics,maths and chemistry respectively.should I resit for chem phy and maths? Will I be able to get my grades to 4A* without resits?
    Is the chem and physics new spec (Reformed A Level) if it is then you're good. Only retake maths modules. You need A this year to be eligible for an A* next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    Is the chem and physics new spec (Reformed A Level) if it is then you're good. Only retake maths modules. You need A this year to be eligible for an A* next year
    I gave them this may/June. What is reformed by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osama1997)
    I gave them this may/June. What is reformed by the way?
    New spec. Your AS grade is seperate from your A2 grade. If u get a E at AS then A* at A2 then your a level grade is A*

ReputationRep:
    Only retake maths modules. You need A this year to be eligible for an A* next year
    This is not true.
    For an A* in A-Level Mathematics you need an average of 80% over the two years (480/600 UMS) and 90 UMS average between the C3 and C4 modules.

You could theoretically get a B in AS Mathematics (200/300 UMS) and still end up with an A or an A* at the end of A-Level provided you work hard enough and do well. (Though you would need 280/300 UMS in A2 to achieve this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    This is not true.
    For an A* in A-Level Mathematics you need an average of 80% over the two years (480/600 UMS) and 90 UMS average between the C3 and C4 modules.

You could theoretically get a B in AS Mathematics (200/300 UMS) and still end up with an A* at the end of A-Level provided you work hard enough and do well. (Though you would need 280/300 UMS to achieve this)
    So how does an A* in further Maths work?

ReputationRep:
    So how does an A* in further Maths work?
    Same concept, but in Mathematics you need to average 90% between two modules (C3 and C4), whereas in Further Maths you need to average 90% between all three of your A2 modules (270/300 UMS).

ReputationRep:
    So does all of this apply to CIE?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.