The Student Room Group

I need help:(

I'm actually crying because of how scared I am of going to college, I want to but I'm scared of being judged and rejected by people I just think I will have no friends. I think I have social anxiety. I don't know how to stop feeling so scared. :frown:
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I'm actually crying because of how scared I am of going to college, I want to but I'm scared of being judged and rejected by people I just think I will have no friends. I think I have social anxiety. I don't know how to stop feeling so scared. :frown:

Its only like first day at school. new people , new friends. You are going there to study. Within a week you should be starting to settle in. Just take it one day at a time.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou

I'm assuming you've left high school and move to a brand new college for post-16 education. In this case, try and remember your first day of year 7 when you perhaps thought about the difficulty of making new friends. But as it happens, you naturally made many and life just passively moved on.

College would be the same scenario, it's just since you've obviously become smarter than your Y7 self, you're more aware of the wider issues that won't necessarily and probably, won't happen. "Ignorance is bliss", as they say.

Just be yourself and everything will weave together. You honestly don't have to force anything.

Quick Reply

Latest