Can anyone help me on this Physics IGCSE Question?

Watch
username2315623
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Name:  20160823_085104.png
Views: 494
Size:  130.8 KB
The part of a Mark Scheme I have attached is for a question where you had to write 2 points on the effect of nuclear waste. The Mark Scheme says "any 2 from the lists below". If I were to choose 1 social and 1 environmental effect, would I still get the 2 marks for the question, or do you have to choose 2 social, 2 economic or 2 environmental. By this I mean are you not allowed to mix and match and give 1 social point and 1 economic point?

The question said "State two of the social, economic or environmental issues involved in the storage of radioactive materials with very long half lives"
username1986099
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dp00)
Name:  20160823_085104.png
Views: 494
Size:  130.8 KB
The part of a Mark Scheme I have attached is for a question where you had to write 2 points on the effect of nuclear waste. The Mark Scheme says "any 2 from the lists below". If I were to choose 1 social and 1 environmental effect, would I still get the 2 marks for the question, or do you have to choose 2 social, 2 economic or 2 environmental. By this I mean are you not allowed to mix and match and give 1 social point and 1 economic point?

The question said "State two of the social, economic or environmental issues involved in the storage of radioactive materials with very long half lives"
You can mix and match and therefore you'd get both marks (as long as your answer was correct)
SandyShores
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can choose any two points regardless of their nature (social or economic) But it may be better to try and find one point for both if possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise