Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being arrogant a bad thing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When I stand up for myself, and believe in myself I often get called arrogant. I believe that I am the protagonist of my life, that anything is possible. That I shouldn't base my career aspirations on what my parents want me to do, rather on what I enjoy/what my strengths are. I believe that the people we look up to are no better than me. When I achieve something I believe that God wasn't involved it was either down to the work put in or my lack of. I often dislike people who write dumb **** on facebook to the point that I deactivated, I cringe at all the foolishness said on this website (I sometimes make dumb threads aswell tbh so i let it slide with you guys.) When people give me dumb advice in the gym I decline because I know what I am doing even if they are bigger than me. I then get called arrogant :teehee:

There has only been 1 occasion where this has backfired on me and that was when choosing my A-level subjects. Teachers told me that not enough A*s at GCSE for medicine, but I believed that I could get great grades so chose all the tough stem subjects. Should have researched

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    When I stand up for myself, and believe in myself I often get called arrogant. I believe that I am the protagonist of my life, that anything is possible. That I shouldn't base my career aspirations on what my parents want me to do, rather on what I enjoy/what my strengths are. I believe that the people we look up to are no better than me. When I achieve something I believe that God wasn't involved it was either down to the work put in or my lack of. I often dislike people who write dumb **** on facebook to the point that I deactivated, I cringe at all the foolishness said on this website (I sometimes make dumb threads aswell tbh so i let it slide with you guys.) When people give me dumb advice in the gym I decline because I know what I am doing even if they are bigger than me. I then get called arrogant :teehee:

There has only been 1 occasion where this has backfired on me and that was when choosing my A-level subjects. Teachers told me that not enough A*s at GCSE for medicine, but I believed that I could get great grades so chose all the tough stem subjects. Should have researched
    It's great if you have confidence in yourself and a positive outlook in life, but it becomes a negative when it gets to the point where you think you're better than others or refuse to take constructive criticism from others because you think your way is the best and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    My Parisian work colleague takes it as a compliment.

And he is not arrogant in a way I dislike. He is more "I am ****ing awesome" rather than "I am better than you because you are ****".

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how would opinions of people here serve you if you really are like that? Well if you truly believe in GOD then forget it you cant even breath without HIS will. If career or life you want to pursue is something good then definitely yes go ahead but in either case do not disrespect your parents, you can be polite and still choose what you like.

ReputationRep:
    it's a good thing to be confident but being arrogant is a bad thing sometimes you've just got to listen to the advice others give you because they're older and wiser

ReputationRep:
    Only if you can't back up your words with actions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.