Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Likelyhood I've been caught speeding here? Help. Watch

ReputationRep:
    ewr
    Attached Images

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    There's no way to be certain really, all you can do is wait and see if you get that snooty letter in your postbox or not. If nothing turns up in the next 3-4 weeks, you're probably off the hook.

(Original post by x-zaza)
    I'll await the inevitable don't speed comment etc, but cut me some slack was family emergency in both cases.
    You can make excuses if you want, but speeding is illegal. If you do it, be prepared to face the consequences, not try and weasel out like a spoiled child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    You can make excuses if you want, but speeding is illegal. If you do it, be prepared to face the consequences, not try and weasel out like a spoiled child.
    Thanks to my speeding I was able to see a dying relative in Hospital 10 minutes before they died

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to my speeding I was able to see a dying relative in Hospital 10 minutes before they died
    I sympathise with this, I'm sorry to hear that OP. However, I was banned from driving last year due to excessive speeding. It's really not worth it and I regret it every time I have to get on a ****ing bus. You have a reasonable excuse, but don't make a habit of it
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    What, both times?

I'm glad it all worked out for you, but going 20 above the speed limit (especially on a single carriageway) is basically risking other peoples' lives for the sake of your own convenience. Think on that next time you have an 'emergency' to get to.

ReputationRep:
    clearly, under the same circumstances i would probably speed too. however, your chances of a serious accident if you are rushing and driving over 20 mph must go up exponentially.

http://www.speedingfinesuk.co.uk/spe..._are_available

have a look there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.