Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I haven't definitely failed my first year twice but if I do it will be all down to one stupid unit. My university did not allow me to retake the unit along with second year so Iast year I found myself waiting until February to start this unit! I do media production and have found everything else enjoyable and easy having passed every other unit first time round. But my course has a web dev unit on it and I have struggled each time to make a website. With hind site I should have applied to do a similar course at a different uni as I hated that unit but, being me I see everything through rose tinted glasses and decided that everything will be allright. On my last resit I achieved 30% which is 8% lower than my other attempts! I just can't imagine not being at uni or studying what I love now so the panick is really kicking in for results day and I'm literally constantly looking at my final piece daily and getting worked up as I'm deciding that some things could have been better or are not done correctly. I keep trying so hard on each resit I had even gone to computing students for tutorials and I simply can't get my head around coding. I'd just hate to have to leave because of a unit that I'll never do as a proffesion. So I've been looking into my options now as I really want to stay in Bournemouth and want other options if the worst case scenario happens. So student finance I believe if I changed course I would have to fund the first year? I was wondering if this can be payed in instalments and also if it would still be only £3000 as I'm a Welsh student? Also has anyone else been in the same boat- what did you do? My other option for now is to work full time in Bournemouth then perhaps save to study a similar course in Bournemouth or elsewhere. If anyone has advice or what not please comment I don't think I've ever felt so stressed in my life ☹
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Dout4harambe)
    Okay so I haven't definitely failed my first year twice but if I do it will be all down to one stupid unit. My university did not allow me to retake the unit along with second year so Iast year I found myself waiting until February to start this unit! I do media production and have found everything else enjoyable and easy having passed every other unit first time round. But my course has a web dev unit on it and I have struggled each time to make a website. With hind site I should have applied to do a similar course at a different uni as I hated that unit but, being me I see everything through rose tinted glasses and decided that everything will be allright. On my last resit I achieved 30% which is 8% lower than my other attempts! I just can't imagine not being at uni or studying what I love now so the panick is really kicking in for results day and I'm literally constantly looking at my final piece daily and getting worked up as I'm deciding that some things could have been better or are not done correctly. I keep trying so hard on each resit I had even gone to computing students for tutorials and I simply can't get my head around coding. I'd just hate to have to leave because of a unit that I'll never do as a proffesion. So I've been looking into my options now as I really want to stay in Bournemouth and want other options if the worst case scenario happens. So student finance I believe if I changed course I would have to fund the first year? I was wondering if this can be payed in instalments and also if it would still be only £3000 as I'm a Welsh student? Also has anyone else been in the same boat- what did you do? My other option for now is to work full time in Bournemouth then perhaps save to study a similar course in Bournemouth or elsewhere. If anyone has advice or what not please comment I don't think I've ever felt so stressed in my life ☹
    I could be wrong but I don't think they allow Welsh people to have fee grants once you be used your gift year so you may need to pay the full 9. Best thing to do is call them asap and they should be able to give you a straight answer. Tuition can normally be paid in instalment though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the media production course as well... I haven't received my grades for my developing arguments (2 essays) I've been referred to chairs or something? Other than that I've resubmitted and passed everything else. Do you think I'll have to retake the year as well or?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the media production course as well... I haven't received my grades for my developing arguments (2 essays) I've been referred to chairs or something? Other than that I've resubmitted and passed everything else. Do you think I'll have to retake the year as well or?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.