Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can't help thinking going to a campus university would be like living in a bubble having been brought up in London.

Is this true? If it is how can I overcome this feeling - how can I get my excitement. I'll still be only 1hr from London if I do go to a campus unie. And Birmingham is close by.

Any one been to Warwick unie - what has been your experience please?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moine Bouddhiste)
    I can't help thinking going to a campus university would be like living in a bubble having been brought up in London.

Is this true? If it is how can I overcome this feeling - how can I get my excitement. I'll still be only 1hr from London if I do go to a campus unie. And Birmingham is close by.

thanks
    Have you actually got a place at Warwick for this year, or are you looking at where you might apply for next year? If it's for this year, why did you apply there, if you are so ambivalent about the setting? Is Warwick the only university which offers the course you wanted to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moine Bouddhiste)

thanks
    Dude give us some grades and then you can debate Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    Dude give us some grades and then you can debate Warwick
    Why does it matter, its a simple question. Who cares about grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    Why does it matter, its a simple question. Who cares about grades.
    Yeah - who cares about grades...

I can't comment I myself am a failure

ReputationRep:
    I've heard it does feel like a bubble, but then again I don't live there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isinglass)
    Have you actually got a place at Warwick for this year, or are you looking at where you might apply for next year? If it's for this year, why did you apply there, if you are so ambivalent about the setting? Is Warwick the only university which offers the course you wanted to do?
    YES DO HAVE THE PLACE TO GO 2016/17 - THIS SEPTEMBER. . I selected Warwick as my insurance as it was a much lower offer at ABB - versus KCL at AAB and UCL at AAA. At the time I accepted Warwick as an insurance I wasn't as clear on my real criteria. It's become clearer as time has passed.
    I got AAB but I couldn't get a clearing place at KCL as it wasn't my insurance offer and they gave priority to these. UCL wouldn't take me for Biochem but have offered me Pharamcy. So all water under the bridge - it is as it is and now I have to decide what to do. . .

Hence my questions - any insight to Pharamacy ? Warwick? Pharamcy at UCL?

ReputationRep:
    I live close by to warwick. Sure there is not much going on in the immediate vicinity but Birmingham is a great place and about 25 minutes away by train.

Can you compare it London? Probably not but there's really only a few places in the world you could compare to London

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.