Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is a good site to get cheap car insurance?? Every site i search is at least £3000 and the first payment is like £900. Help please

ReputationRep:
    comparethemarket
    confused.com
    moneysupermarket
    gocompare
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're not going to get much cheaper than that given your age.

ReputationRep:
    At your age it's going to be pretty impossible to get quotes any cheaper

ReputationRep:
    hastings smart miles

ReputationRep:
    This is why you buy a crappy car and insure it for a year, you get your no claims and stuff then a year or 2 later you get your nice car and you pay at least half or less than what you would've

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emblr)
    hastings smart miles
    They are the worst company in the world !!! Be warned not to go for them !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    They are the worst company in the world !!! Be warned not to go for them !
    i've been with them for 2 years and had no probs, plus it's cheap although i've never had to claim or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emblr)
    i've been with them for 2 years and had no probs, plus it's cheap although i've never had to claim or anything
    When I got mine with them at 18 it only cost me £1,200 ! But I had to have a box and how they regulate the ratings for your driving is a joke !
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When I got mine with them at 18 it only cost me £1,200 ! But I had to have a box and how they regulate the ratings for your driving is a joke !
    Well it's not if you don't drive like an idiot. They are designed to make sure you drive safe. They are not going to give you a massive discount and let you drive like a knob 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Well it's not if you don't drive like an idiot. They are designed to make sure you drive safe. They are not going to give you a massive discount and let you drive like a knob 😂😂
    Well you definitely haven't read the reviews online. They are one of the worst companies on the market.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well you definitely haven't read the reviews online. They are one of the worst companies on the market.
    Guarantee 99.9% of those reviews are from disgruntled idiots who drove like a maniac and didn't realise their premiums would shoot up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Guarantee 99.9% of those reviews are from disgruntled idiots who drove like a maniac and didn't realise their premiums would shoot up.
    Yeah could be but everyone has different experiences.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah could be but everyone has different experiences.
    Black Box insurance is perfect for anyone who is going to stick to the rules by the book, anything more than that and you'll find it's not worth it. It's morons who don't realise that's how it works that give the insurance a bad name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    This is why you buy a crappy car and insure it for a year, you get your no claims and stuff then a year or 2 later you get your nice car and you pay at least half or less than what you would've
    I agree.
    Try companies like aviva, churchill and direct like as well as they arent on comparison sites.
    Check out all the comparison sites as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.