Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the actual requirements for Indian applicants to Imperial? Is JEE a requirement? I will be applying for mathematics, optimisation and statistics program (BSc) and I am preparing to take the MAT. Should I also take JEE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahindar25)
    What are the actual requirements for Indian applicants to Imperial? Is JEE a requirement? I will be applying for mathematics, optimisation and statistics program (BSc) and I am preparing to take the MAT. Should I also take JEE?
    Hey, JEE isn't a requirement, anyway they just mention a clause on their website as "Good performance in JEE Main".And even if it were, you I'll require a decent score and you are good to go!By the way, Are you gonna apply for 2017 entry?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm applying for 2017 entry. I'm really worried because I haven't prepared for JEE since I didn't want to study engineering. Also, I am on a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohaillibra)
    Hey, JEE isn't a requirement, anyway they just mention a clause on their website as "Good performance in JEE Main".And even if it were, you I'll require a decent score and you are good to go!By the way, Are you gonna apply for 2017 entry?
    Also, do you think taking the MAT will be enough?

ReputationRep:
    Also, do you think taking the MAT will be enough?
    Well, I am in XII, gonna apply for 2017 entry! for Aero Meng.
    What were your XII board percentage?
    They will matter a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am in XII, gonna apply for 2017 entry! for Aero Meng.
    What were your XII board percentage?
    They will matter a lot!
    I got 94.8% with 95% in math and phy. 99% in engineering graphics 91% in Chem and 94% in English. I don't know if my marks are above the threshold. And are you taking JEE by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I got 94.8% with 95% in math and phy. 99% in engineering graphics 91% in Chem and 94% in English. I don't know if my marks are above the threshold. And are you taking JEE by the way?
    So your scores are pretty good!
    I am hoping that I don't have to, but if I am asked then its okay because I am preparing anyway!

What are your other uni choices? So you gonna study just maths?

ReputationRep:
    So your scores are pretty good!
    I am hoping that I don't have to, but if I am asked then its okay because I am preparing anyway!

What are your other uni choices? So you gonna study just maths?
    Yeah .. I'm planning to apply to Imperial, UCL and LSE. I'll study Maths with Econ if admitted to LSE

ReputationRep:
    What is JEE in A level requirements?I am told it is easier but I want to confirm my suspicions.Sorry, I am not from India but just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevez2ez)
    What is JEE in A level requirements?I am told it is easier but I want to confirm my suspicions.Sorry, I am not from India but just curious.
    JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination which is conducted by CBSE Board in India, and over 1.1 milllion students take it every year!
    It is much harder than that of A levels!

ReputationRep:
    How can you afford from India....

ReputationRep:
    Are Indians incapable of affording a foreign education? You have a very wrong perception in general. Thousands of Indians go out to study abroad.
    In case you didn't know, many of us in our family have studied abroad, including my sister.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.