Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going to uni in brighton in September. Problem is I'm not a big drinker and nights out aren't usually my thing let alone night's out where I won't know anyone?! I don't know whether to bother with freshers as a entry wristband is £55 for two weeks of pure drinking events. I also have no idea whether there's any other events that don't involve drinking and I can't seem to find any info. Any advice would be really appreciated thanks in advance

*update*
    I should mention I'm not living in halls so I won't have flatmates

ReputationRep:
    See what your flat mates are doing in relation to that wristband thing, if they're all doing it I would say you should buy it and put yourself out there even if you don't enjoy nights out its about meeting people if that makes sense, other than than join freshers clubs as a non drinking way to meet peeps

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I should have mentioned that. I'm not in halls due to unforeseen circumstances so I'm having to move in with my boyfriend. But thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to pay for the freshers events then don't, no point in spending £55 on something you don't want to go to. Does your uni not have daytime and weekend events that you could go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookwormninja)
    If you don't want to pay for the freshers events then don't, no point in spending £55 on something you don't want to go to. Does your uni not have daytime and weekend events that you could go to?
    Not as far as I can find. That's why I was considering going on the nights out as I don't think I'll have a chance to meet anyone otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallingFire18)
    Not as far as I can find. That's why I was considering going on the nights out as I don't think I'll have a chance to meet anyone otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would have thought they would have something but maybe not. Perhaps see if there are other options rather than paying out £55, maybe you can pay for one or two events instead? If not I guess it depends how important you think it is to meet people that week, after all you'll meet people on your course and through any societies/clubs you join.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.