Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Recruitment agency questions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of registering with a recruitment agency, and they have provided a whole host of questions for me to complete.

Some include:

Which companies have you had interviews with?
    Are you a homeowner?

Are these "normal" questions for a recruitment agency to ask? Why would they want to know this?

Thanks.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by little pixie)
    I was thinking of registering with a recruitment agency, and they have provided a whole host of questions for me to complete.

Some include:

Are you a homeowner?

Are these "normal" questions for a recruitment agency to ask? Why would they want to know this?

Thanks.
    'What companies have you interviewed with' tells them how often you've got to interview and which employers/sectors have picked up on your CV/applications. That makes it easier for them to judge where to try and place you.

'Are you a homeowner' tells them how stable you are in the area, people tend not to move if they are homeowners - nowadays you virtually can't move without a permanent contract because you can't get a mortgage. People who rent can be (sometimes, not always) more of a 'flight risk'.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little pixie)

Some include:

Are you a homeowner?

Thanks.
    Also what companies have you had interviews with gives them names to go and approach too I believe.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.