Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I was hoping you could help me. I am a 4th year medical student from Barts. I have been asked to leave following an unsuccessful retake of my OSCE. I was wondering if any of you had experiences of people transferring within medical schools? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about your devastating news.

Unfortunately moving to another medical school after being shown the door isn't quite the same as transferring between schools. I've only met 1 person who did it successfully but I think they applied as a new student and didn't tell the school they'd been a medic before - a big no-no considering probity.

Have you thought about training privately?

Would QMUL let you transfer to the PA programme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munkie)
    Sorry about your devastating news.

Unfortunately moving to another medical school after being shown the door isn't quite the same as transferring between schools. I've only met 1 person who did it successfully but I think they applied as a new student and didn't tell the school they'd been a medic before - a big no-no considering probity.

Have you thought about training privately?

Would QMUL let you transfer to the PA programme?
    Oh no, how would that even work? How could you get away with not telling them that you'd been unsuccessful previously? Surely they have records/check things? Did they get away with it and graduate?

To the OP: I don't think any UK med school would accept you. There are certainly med schools abroad. Some can take your records from the UK and allow you to progress straight to later years so you don't have to start from year 1. Is there no way you can appeal/beg to be allowed to resit one last time?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your help guys. It means a lot especially during this difficult time.

I am currently in the process of appealing but exploring all my options.
    Do you know the names of any of these foreign medical schools?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medstudent1122)
    Thanks a lot for your help guys. It means a lot especially during this difficult time.

I am currently in the process of appealing but exploring all my options.
    Do you know the names of any of these foreign medical schools?
    Sorry, I don't have much information about this. As far as I can recall there are a few Italian med schools. Pavia I think? But places are very limited.

It's definitely worth looking into though.

Sorry that you're going through this It's horrible. Yup, explore options but don't give up on the appeal. I really hope that you get good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAhm)
    Sorry, I don't have much information about this. As far as I can recall there are a few Italian med schools. Pavia I think? But places are very limited.

It's definitely worth looking into though.

Sorry that you're going through this It's horrible. Yup, explore options but don't give up on the appeal. I really hope that you get good news
    Thanks a lot Jay. I hadn't looked into Italy but it seems a viable option. Yeah I'm still appealing just trying to explore all avenues in the meantime. Thanks a lot, the support from TSR has been phenomenal. It's definitely helped a lot!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.