Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I didnt get the grades I wanted and ended up on a changed course at my insurance uni that i didnt particularly want to do, so on friday I phoned up a uni in clearing, they gave me an offer and said I had 3 days to accept it.
    Well what with it being the weekend I couldnt get in touch with my insurance uni until monday to ask them to release me from the course, so I phoned up the clearing uni and told them this, they then gave me an extension on my offer and said that I had until 12pm on monday to accept it. Monday rolls around and luckily my insurance uni releases me from the course and within half an hour my UCAS is in clearing, so I added the other uni as my clearing choice at 10:30 am on monday.
    But my UCAS still says they are considering my application and im not sure if i should be worried or not? i added them way before 12 and their website let me use the ID number they gave me to apply for accommodation so i think everythings fine but is it normal for my application to still say its being considered? should i phone them to double check or wait a couple more days?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by evilmusketeer)
    So I didnt get the grades I wanted and ended up on a changed course at my insurance uni that i didnt particularly want to do, so on friday I phoned up a uni in clearing, they gave me an offer and said I had 3 days to accept it.
    Well what with it being the weekend I couldnt get in touch with my insurance uni until monday to ask them to release me from the course, so I phoned up the clearing uni and told them this, they then gave me an extension on my offer and said that I had until 12pm on monday to accept it. Monday rolls around and luckily my insurance uni releases me from the course and within half an hour my UCAS is in clearing, so I added the other uni as my clearing choice at 10:30 am on monday.
    But my UCAS still says they are considering my application and im not sure if i should be worried or not? i added them way before 12 and their website let me use the ID number they gave me to apply for accommodation so i think everythings fine but is it normal for my application to still say its being considered? should i phone them to double check or wait a couple more days?
    Yes becayse its administrative and it takes time to process. What you really need is confirmation from the uni direct that they have accepted you. Just ring them and state the position offer and acceptance. Then get them to confirm. If its over the phone get their name or ask them to send an e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evilmusketeer)
    When you think of how many people are changing their UCAS applications right now, it's going to be pretty difficult for everything to happen spontaneously. It's going to be fine, but it won't do any harm to call them up and set your mind at rest.

ReputationRep:
    phew, i guess i hadnt considered how chaotic it must be for the unis right now, thats put my mind at ease a fair bit, thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.