Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an elected delegate to attend the Labour Party conference from Sunday the 25th to Wednesday the 28th of September - which means I'll be missing the first 3 days of lectures. What should I do with regards to informing King's about this, I haven't yet got my schedule but I assume I should go and see any professors I'll be missing about it?

I know it's probably a bad idea to miss the first few lectures, but I was elected back at the end of May, long before I knew I'd even get into King's.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it'll be best to inform them. When you get your enrolment email and get to set up your KCL email, it might be an idea to try to get in touch with someone. If that fails, maybe try ringing the faculty office and explain your situation?

Good luck at the conference, I've always wanted to go to a political conference but I didn't get my party membership in time to apply for ours.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    Hopefully they don't mind too much...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.