Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hard Bony Lump On The Back Of My Skull? What Could It Be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a hard bony lump on the back of my skull. There is no pain why I touch it. It is just above that little groove on the back of your head. It is quite hard to describe as my hair covers it. it feels like a knuckle when touched. I know it's prob nothing, I think it's just the bone at the back of the skull, mine just sticks out more, but I just want to know what it could be and should I see a doctor. I am a male.

ReputationRep:
    Im no head doctor but pretty sure we all have that. Damn hope so or we are both effed

ReputationRep:
    its nothing, i thought i had a problem when i realised i had it then i thought it was genetic thing because all my famiy had it then i asked a doctor who said literally one has one lmao

ReputationRep:
    Most males have it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNDSAN)
    its nothing, i thought i had a problem when i realised i had it then i thought it was genetic thing because all my famiy had it then i asked a doctor who said literally one has one lmao
    Is it called the external occipital protuberance

ReputationRep:
    Do you have many birthmarks on your body?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Do you have many birthmarks on your body?
    No why?

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried, go and see a doctor. Chances are, it's nothing, but it could be something, and the faster you find out the greater the likelihood that something can be done easily. Even if it is nothing (which is probably the case), having a doctor tell you that you're fine will mean that you won't be worrying about it, and any doctor worth their salt would prefer you to get checked out than see you in six months and have to tell you something life-changing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerStrawberry)
    If you're worried, go and see a doctor. Chances are, it's nothing, but it could be something, and the faster you find out the greater the likelihood that something can be done easily. Even if it is nothing (which is probably the case), having a doctor tell you that you're fine will mean that you won't be worrying about it, and any doctor worth their salt would prefer you to get checked out than see you in six months and have to tell you something life-changing.
    Okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitt1)
    Is it called the external occipital protuberance
    Was gonna suggest that but you beat me to it.

I agree with the other guy though, you should see your GP if you're worried and he would probably be able to put your mind at rest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.