Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I want to study Psychology next year at University and just wanted to go through this final year of hell with you all.

What subjects do you do?
    What grades did you get at AS?
    What are you predicted at the end of year 13?
    Which university do you want to go to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering applying for Psychology:

I do Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (as well as Spanish but it's my first language so it's not taken into account in offers)
    I got AAA in my AS exams
    I am likely predicted A*A*A with the A* in Chemistry and biology (oddly enough)
    I want to go to Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    I do Biology, Chemistry and Maths where I got AAA on AS/ mocks (weird new system perks...) And I also have a running EPQ which I'm predicted an A for atm.
    Gonna get predicted A*AA-AAA

I don't actually know where to go but I'm not an early applicant. ^^

ReputationRep:
    I do English Literature, Biology and Maths (I also did Chemistry for AS)
    I got AAAB in my AS exams (B In Chemistry)
    I'm not sure about my predictions for Maths yet, but my other two are A*
    I have a few universities in interested in, mostly UCL and Surrey right now!

ReputationRep:
    Psychology, English Language and Maths, got AAA at AS and a B in Media Studies which I dropped

Don't know my predictions but assume they are A*A*A*-AAA. Hopefully the former 😁

Applying for Lancaster, Nottingham, Warwick, Leeds and not decided on the fifth yet- one of Manchester, Leicester or York probably but it's not I likely I'll go there even if I get an offer. Lancaster my favourite at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heya.

I finished A Level Biology last year and got a C overall. Right now, I'm studying A2 Maths and Psychology. Got C in AS psychology but hope to increase that to a B at the very least.

I hope to study Psychology BSc next year (possibly with a year of work placement) but only roughly have an idea of which universities I'd like to go to.

ReputationRep:
    wanting to study psychology at durham, UCL, Nottingham, bristol, bath
    AS grades my subjects were Linear so i got AA in mocks for psychology and biology
    I got an A in my real geography AS

then for A LEVEL I'm predicted A* AA
    GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAAB

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you do: Psychology, Politics, Maths, Further Maths
    What grades did you get at AS: AAAA
    What are you predicted at the end of year 13: A*A*AA
    Which university do you want to go to: UCL, KCL, Cardiff, Glasgow and St Andrews
    However only got 1 A* 7 Bs and 1 C in my GCSEs (due to extenuating circumstances) so don't know if I stand a chance for UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippawatsonn)
    What subjects do you do: Psychology, Politics, Maths, Further Maths
    What grades did you get at AS: AAAA
    What are you predicted at the end of year 13: A*AAA
    Which university do you want to go to: UCL, KCL, Cardiff, Edinburgh and St Andrews
    However only got 1 A* 7 Bs and 1 C in my GCSEs so don't know if I stand a chance for UCL
    Did you go to a UCL open day? If so how did you find it? I'm conflicted about whether to apply to UCL or not haha

ReputationRep:
    Sociology, Psychology & Criminology.
    I'm not doing A Levels, I'm doing an Access to HE diploma, so no AS grades!
    I should be on track for at least a merit overall, but I'm hoping for an overall distinction to bolster my chances of getting into the University of Manchester.
    I'm applying to Manchester and MMU, perhaps Salford too, I haven't decided. But those are the only three - I'm not in a position to move out of my family home yet. Anywhere further than Salford would create major problems with commuting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by everythingice)
    Did you go to a UCL open day? If so how did you find it? I'm conflicted about whether to apply to UCL or not haha
    No I missed it but I'm going for the tour next Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you do? Psychology, sociology, German
    What grades did you get at AS? AAAB including A in biology
    What are you predicted at the end of year 13?A*A*A
    Which university do you want to go to? Surrey is my favourite closely followed by Warwick and I have also applied to Durham, Kent and Bangor

ReputationRep:
    Also applying for Psychology, good luck to everyone this year!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, good luck with your applications!

For AS I got A's in Psychology and Geography, B's in English Language and Government and Politics and a C in General Studies (but to be fair that doesn't count for much so I didn't revise).
    Currently I'm doing Psychology, Geography and English Language and I'm predicted A* for Psychology and A's for Geography and English Language
    I'm hoping to study Psychology and/with Education at Durham, Southampton, York, Bristol or De Montfort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soooo0)
    Hi everyone, good luck with your applications!

For AS I got A's in Psychology and Geography, B's in English Language and Government and Politics and a C in General Studies (but to be fair that doesn't count for much so I didn't revise).
    Currently I'm doing Psychology, Geography and English Language and I'm predicted A* for Psychology and A's for Geography and English Language
    I'm hoping to study Psychology and/with Education at Durham, Southampton, York, Bristol or De Montfort.
    I'm also applying for psychology at durham and bristol what were your GCSE grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halliethestudent)
    I'm also applying for psychology at durham and bristol what were your GCSE grades?
    I got 4 A's, 5 B's and a C. I had really bad depression then so I found it hard to revise without panicking.

ReputationRep:
    I study Psychology, Sociology and History at A-Level

I want to study Psychology at Reading or Sussex University

At AS I got BBD but hoping to get AAA for A2 this year , I've been to open days for 9 universities but if anyone knows a lot or goes to Reading or Sussex that would be helpful !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soooo0)
    I got 4 A's, 5 B's and a C. I had really bad depression then so I found it hard to revise without panicking.
    can completely relate i've had this problem during my AS

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm looking to study psychology, i did it at AS and got an E overall, i did btec health and social last year and got D*D* predicted triple D* this year.

Applied to NTU, sheffield hallam, derby, anglia ruskin and edge hill, first choice NTU, anyone else looking at Trent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halliethestudent)
    can completely relate i've had this problem during my AS
    I'm so sorry that's happened, if you need someone to talk to I'm right here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.