Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37167700

Lol just lol
    Richard Branson- 1, Corbyn 0

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's his age. A younger person would know that to over egg a pudding in anywhere covered by cctv is to make youself a hostage to fortune.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think that he didn't know that the seats he passed (the ones that were reserved) were available to sit on until someone claims them.

ReputationRep:
    If you look at the CCTV with the reserved tickets on them, they are all full. You must look closely, but you can just see the top of people's heads sitting in the seats. Add to that, that the over head luggage racks are completely full.

So that does lead me to think that in part, he's telling the truth.

Whilst the train is full, i've been on busier services.

ReputationRep:
    No matter how much stupid stuff the BBC says about Cobryn, no one's going to switch. Its slightly reminiscent of Trump supporters in America, they don't like and / or don't trust the media.

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone knows trains are never overcrowded...

ReputationRep:
    And what about the image showing him sitting down in first class?

Looking at the evidence it is almost certain that Corbyn shot the video as propaganda only to then go sit in his designated seat.

One note though, just because the tickets on the chairs symbolise reserved doesnt necessarily mean they are currently in use either due to A) to or from different station or b) ticket holders might not have been on the train

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Perhaps it's his age. A younger person would know that to over egg a pudding in anywhere covered by cctv is to make youself a hostage to fortune.
    Replace "a hostage to fortune" with "look a bit of a [email protected]" and I'd agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I genuinely think that he didn't know that the seats he passed (the ones that were reserved) were available to sit on until someone claims them.
    This and tbf I think a lot of people, not that surprisingly, see reserved tickets and assume they can't sit on them (or don't want the awkwardness of moving). The frustrating thing is from being on quite a few train journeys is how often reserved seats are actually free because the person has chosen not to use them (or missed the train, but I doubt that's a significant cause). Lets say it's York to London, get on and after everyone has sat down, you'll find a few with York to London or even from an earlier stop which are empty. Swear part of it is people can't be arsed to find the seat they've reserved so sit elsewhere.

Also this thing about wanting to sit with his wife, it is unrealistic on a busy service to expect two free seats, since most people will try to sit alone until it's too busy.

ReputationRep:
    Publicity stunt...

ReputationRep:
    All it shows is that at the end of the day, he's a politician.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.