Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've always had my heart set on going to a university in America (specifically UCLA), if anybody knows anything about applying, entry requirements, funding or anything about studying abroad in a america please let me know!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Do you have a spare £200k? If you don't then I'm afraid there's almost no point doing research because you won't be able to afford it. Very few American universities offer financial help to international students, and those that do are the big, prestigious private colleges. UCLA is a public university, any scholarships they have will be targeted at Californian residents.

Maybe you should look for a degree in the UK which includes a year abroad in the USA/California.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by MeganLouise4)
    I've always had my heart set on going to a university in America (specifically UCLA), if anybody knows anything about applying, entry requirements, funding or anything about studying abroad in a america please let me know!
    Hi there,

Just adding onto Snufkin - funds are a huge issue for all international students. The rare exceptions are typically those who get scholarships for excelling in sports, and more rarely for extraordinary academic performance - but this is all university dependent and very scarce.

I studied abroad to California in my 3rd year and it was incredible. The good thing with studying in the UK and then studying abroad is you bypass all of the extortionate US fees. Also, it's allowed me to go back to the US for further study, so studying abroad for a year can help with returning.

Of course, look around at all of the universities that interest you and see what scholarships and information are relevant to you.

Hope this helps,

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Engineering

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.