The Student Room Group

Advice on balancing yr 13 with a job?

I know tons of 17/18 year olds do it and I don't mean to sound over dramatic but I could barely cope in year 12 with the work load, and I was quite disappointed with my AS results - hoping to work 10 times as hard in year 13 whilst still keeping all 4 subjects. I also wanted to get a job to save for holidays with my friends in the summer next year and just in general some money so that my parents don't have to pay for everything any more! But I'm just a little worried about a job having an impact on my grades, especially as I struggled even with all this time on my hands in year 12. Any advice on working whilst doing your A2s?
Don't do 4 A2 subjects. No point in doing this and you are not going to be able to do a job on the side as well. If you do the normal 3 subjects you will spend less time in lectures for an unnecessary subject and also less time in doing extra revision. This will be a lot of time which you will save which you can use for a job and also revising for your more important subjects.

With your revision make a planner to dedicate specific times of day in days of the week to revision and then create times for possible extra revision which could be for an exam etc but are normally free time. Then find some times you can do a job in and make sure you have some time to have fun.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest