Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So my ex fiancée broke up with me 4 months ago after he proposed to me about a month beforehand, at this point we were together for nearly 2 years. Unfortunately the breakup wasn't on the best terms due to him talking behind my back etc.
    I've started seeing this guy recently and he is amazing, he's always there for me unlike my ex beforehand, is it too soon to become official? I'm pretty sure I don't love my ex anymore I'm disgusted in him more than anything

Help guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The timing is absolutely fine, why wouldn't it be? No point waiting around haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darost98)
    So my ex fiancée broke up with me 4 months ago after he proposed to me about a month beforehand, at this point we were together for nearly 2 years. Unfortunately the breakup wasn't on the best terms due to him talking behind my back etc.
    I've started seeing this guy recently and he is amazing, he's always there for me unlike my ex beforehand, is it too soon to become official? I'm pretty sure I don't love my ex anymore I'm disgusted in him more than anything

Help guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    God aren't you fast at getting over relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Not everyone sits and cries in their room for 5 years, reading old text messages hoping they'll come back. 4 months is more than long enough to get over a 2 year relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Forget your ex. Your new guy seems lovely and I hope all goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Why think about someone who doesn't think about you? And my ex cheated on me so he obviously doesn't respect me, so why think about someone who doesn't respect you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    Not everyone sits and cries in their room for 5 years, reading old text messages hoping they'll come back. 4 months is more than long enough to get over a 2 year relationship.
    This.

I totally agree. I don't see why people should waste so much time on something that does not exist anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Help guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can do whatever the **** you want, if people don't respect your judgement that's their problem.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you know in your heart of hearts that you are over your ex then why not move on to someone who will make you happy! Sounds like a great guy and you were lucky to find him. Good Luck to you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go for it!

Hardly the next day, don't miss out on something good worrying about someone else thinking it's too soon. If you think you're ready that's all that matters

ReputationRep:

Help guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 months is definitely a reasonable amount of time, don't worry about your ex. Good luck for the future

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.