The Student Room Group

170 for an a* r u having a laugh - maths edexcel

Scroll to see replies

169/200 is it worth a remark
so wanted that *
Original post by nadiakms
naaaaah I cba lol I was asked but I ain't desperate GCSEs will mean nothing in 2 years time as long as I got my passes :wink: but still happy about my a loooool ain't fussed about that extra mark I'm going on to study at a grammar school so all is well !!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol good luck. Just destroy A-levels and you'll be fine.
don't u have ur GCSE statement with ums marks ? maths is only given in raw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some people don't get raw marks. It just says Mathematics (A) Linear and that's it lol.
I got 167. Should I get a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry but these corporate clowns are having a laugh. I haven't done maths since year 1 to be told I'm a D-grade student by 2 marks in a high boundary situation. If this remark keeps my grade as a D I'm gonna cry.
Reply 165
Original post by samesea
Sorry but these corporate clowns are having a laugh. I haven't done maths since year 1 to be told I'm a D-grade student by 2 marks in a high boundary situation. If this remark keeps my grade as a D I'm gonna cry.

Did you put a lot of work into it and try your best?
IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD

IF EDEXCEL WERE A PERSON I WOULD LITERALLY HUNT THAT SH*THEAD DOWN N BEAT THEIR ASSSSSS OMG I JUST MISSED OUT ON THAT A* OK IM SAAAAAAAAD

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't care once you're reached a-level
don't u have ur GCSE statement with ums marks ? maths is only given in raw

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is a GCSE statement? :redface:
No I was only given the subject name and the grade, but the column for sums grade, mark 1 and mark 2 were blank as well as no raw mark.
Original post by ClydeJ
Did you put a lot of work into it and try your best?

Of course I did.
Reply 169
Original post by emmalulu88
so wanted that *

idk if you want to go in to medicine and require that extra * then go for it but for me I cba looool I'm sure it was checked subjects like maths its really rare that you'll get that extra mark whereas subjects like English it's more common but my teacher has advised me to remark I just feel like a year time no one will care if I got the * as long as I've passed its all good ugh idk so close man 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Original post by Dizgurl
What is a GCSE statement? :redface:
No I was only given the subject name and the grade, but the column for sums grade, mark 1 and mark 2 were blank as well as no raw mark.

this how it's laid out well how the AQA candidate statement is it has subjects name on the side, ocr is more clear and the edexcel statement is a little confusing but includes the ums and raw marks if you'd like me to send you another pap with a edexcel board I don't mind
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472163461.364684.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LadyAsquith
I got 167. Should I get a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by emmalulu88
so wanted that *

How do you all know what you got? My sheet didn't say
The calc paper was really easy so I dont think this is that unreasonable really... Dont they create grade boundaries so that only a certain amount of people get a certain grade each year?
Original post by Bernie2016
The calc paper was really easy so I dont think this is that unreasonable really... Dont they create grade boundaries so that only a certain amount of people get a certain grade each year?

Well, the percentages change each year, though never by some gargantuan amount. I do not know what the process is...it seems rather arbitrary
this how it's laid out well how the AQA candidate statement is it has subjects name on the side, ocr is more clear and the edexcel statement is a little confusing but includes the ums and raw marks if you'd like me to send you another pap with a edexcel board I don't mind
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472163461.364684.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, on my Edexcel maths one, I only have the subject award A*, but no mms mark or raw mark. If you don't mind, could you send one from the edexcel board. Thank you :h:
I got an A and only 7 marks away from an A* which I am so happy with! I am not good in exams so while I will get A*s in class, I got Bs in both of my mocks. I am so so happy that I got such a high A!
Knowing virtually every school does edexcel for maths, it feels like we actually dodged a bullet doing OCR
Reply 177
Original post by Dizgurl
Yeah, on my Edexcel maths one, I only have the subject award A*, but no mms mark or raw mark. If you don't mind, could you send one from the edexcel board. Thank you :h:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472382489.719350.jpg excuse how badly I did at Arabic 😭😭 the only subject I did really bad in loool but as u can see it shows my maths raw mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472382489.719350.jpg excuse how badly I did at Arabic 😭😭 the only subject I did really bad in loool but as u can see it shows my maths raw mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get it remarked!
Reply 179
Original post by hamza772000
Get it remarked!

idk why I should tbh lol I feel like I was lucky to even get 169 marks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest