Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rejected kiss on date - is it over ??? Watch

I took a girl out for a meal and she was really nice and friendly and I thought there was a spark I guess... At the end I leant in to kiss her, and she pulled away and said she had to go.

Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Probably nervous

ReputationRep:
    Guess she's not interested... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    give up unless she's special,
    if she's special then you're buggered.

ReputationRep:
    Was it the first date? For me the first date is too early for a kiss, the only exception being if I already knew the guy before we went out and was really into him. Some of us just need time to let feelings build up and will end up being pushed away if we're made to feel pressured into moving faster. If you still want her and are OK with taking things more slowly, explain this to her via text, and how you're willing to go at her pace and won't put pressure on her. I think she would be up for another date after that.

If that's not your thing then I would suggest that you end it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe twas just your breath. Have you tried the new Colgate Herbal with Sage and Eucalyptus?

ReputationRep:
    She had to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kendrik Lamar)
    Maybe twas just your breath. Have you tried the new Colgate Herbal with Sage and Eucalyptus?
    Lol'd hard

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I took a girl out for a meal and she was really nice and friendly and I thought there was a spark I guess... At the end I leant in to kiss her, and she pulled away and said she had to go.

Opinions?
    In all seriousness not all hope is lost but it's not a great sign. The best way to confirm is to go out again for a 2nd date. If she says yeah then shes still interested if no then you confirmed your assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kendrik Lamar)
    That sounds like a really good product, could you tell me more?

ReputationRep:
    In my experience a girl who will not kiss on a first date just ain't that into you. Or is on the fence about you.

follow up dates tend to lead to no kissing as well.

I have a policy now:

No kiss on first date = me no contact you after the date

ReputationRep:
    Probably uncomfortable since it's the first date. I've had that experience with a suitor whom I liked, but never got the chance to be in a relationship with. Take it easy is what I can advice.

ReputationRep:
    I have kissed on a first date and she still went cold on me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    GOLD DIGGER ALERT!!! SHE wanted that free dinner! :007:

ReputationRep:
    You have to read the mood, there's a difference between someone being polite in a formal way on a debate and genuinely getting on, and if you genuinely get on then its worth trying a kiss but even so for a first date there's nothing wrong with just a hug and cheek kiss at the end. I think stuff like kissing at the end of a date should be something you don't think about, if things go well let it happen spontaneously, otherwise it ends up occupying your mind, making you nervous and leads to an awkward moment.

In honesty though if a girl has outright pulled away and rejected a kiss then I would leave the ball in her court to contact you if she wants a second date. Yes you can find reasons like maybe she doesn't feel comfortable kissing on a first date or whatever but if she was really in to you she'd probably have gone along with it so honestly, it's more likely that she doesn't want to follow up. If you don't contact her see what happens, is she keen and messaging you to see what you are up to and keep contact going, hoping there will be another date attached, or is she going quiet (probably hoping you don't get back in touch).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.