Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an absolute mess and I don't know what to do. The last 3 years have been the worst for me. I've lost so much respect from everyone I know and I can't deal with it. I felt things were looking up for me this Summer- I thought I had made a new friend on here, but I lost her yesterday and now I feel as if I am back to square one. When will this nightmare I'm in end? It's killing me. I feel as if I'm about to give up and go into the closet for good. I'm no good to anyone and deep down, I do not want to accept this. The truth is, however, I've got no fight left in me. I feel weak and I have no hope for the future. I just do not know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    I had no actual friends (just slightly chatty acquaintances) until university, mainly because I spent my entire secondary school life as an aggressive and unpleasant mess. I never focused, never achieved anything, and wasn't remotely liked by anyone.

Today's situation couldn't be any more the opposite. Truth is, life's ups-and-downs are usually epochs rather than moments. Sometimes they oscillate quickly, other times you really need to steele yourself for a long winter. You need to keep your chin up, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just a Bloke)
    I had no actual friends (just slightly chatty acquaintances) until university, mainly because I spent my entire secondary school life as an aggressive and unpleasant mess. I never focused, never achieved anything, and wasn't remotely liked by anyone.

Today's situation couldn't be any more the opposite. Truth is, life's ups-and-downs are usually epochs rather than moments. Sometimes they oscillate quickly, other times you really need to steele yourself for a long winter. You need to keep your chin up, mate.
    I've tried, but the truth is, I'm just too demoralised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thegoodapple)
    I am an absolute mess and I don't know what to do. The last 3 years have been the worst for me. I've lost so much respect from everyone I know and I can't deal with it. I felt things were looking up for me this Summer- I thought I had made a new friend on here, but I lost her yesterday and now I feel as if I am back to square one. When will this nightmare I'm in end? It's killing me. I feel as if I'm about to give up and go into the closet for good. I'm no good to anyone and deep down, I do not want to accept this. The truth is, however, I've got no fight left in me. I feel weak and I have no hope for the future. I just do not know what to do.
    This too will pass.
    Even when you have no hope for the future just by living and holding on time will pass,the future will come and things will get better. Even when youake mistakes and think you're 3 steps back you really aarent because you have a new exoerience- yes painful but something you can learn and build from. Defo suggest breaking down your problems and figuring out how to tackle them all individually- ask for advice and lnow that at least at rock bottom things cant get worse-the only way is up. Hang in there and most of all remember this too shall pass

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.