Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, ive just finished my as levels getting UEEC accounting,business, economics and general studies respectively. i was wondering if i applied to bham/notts and explained i didnt work hard for my as levels and would meet their enty requirements do you think they would give me a conditional offer for business and management, thanks. p.s i only had 2 as levels (accounting and general studies) the rest were trials

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaurav Singh 1)
    hi guys, ive just finished my as levels getting UEEC accounting,business, economics and general studies respectively. i was wondering if i applied to bham/notts and explained i didnt work hard for my as levels and would meet their enty requirements do you think they would give me a conditional offer for business and management, thanks. p.s i only had 2 as levels (accounting and general studies) the rest were trials
    Most russel group unis don't count general studies even if you got a A* in it. I'd say that there is no harm to try but have backups to fall back on and retake your exams if you want to take a gap year and apply again.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would advise you to restart Year 12. All of the Russell Group Universities I'm looking at will accept 3 years at A level. But whatever you do, DO NOT say you didn't do as well as you hoped because you didn't work hard. If they think you didn't work hard at A-level, what would make them think you'd work hard during your degree?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.