The Student Room Group

Does coursework have to be retaken? (C3 OCR MEI Maths)

I am thinking of possibly retaking C3 during my gap year along with C4, I want to do this because I got 82/100 in my gap year and feel that I could possibly get an A* if I do extremely better in both modules with a high chance of an A if I get 5 more UMS on my C4, however do we have to retake the coursework too? Because I got 18/18 on it and I think it would be quite a hassle doing new coursework again.
This is something your board or teachers should be able to answer. I suspect if it's part of the module you may have to resubmit the coursework but may be able to just submit what you did the last time.
The candidate can choose to do the coursework again, or can resubmit the mark from a previousseries. When the entry is made, 4753A means unit 4753 with coursework submitted and 4753B meansunit 4753 with coursework mark carried forward.

Note that candidates who resit a unit have to resit the examination
Reply 3
Original post by Applepiex3
The candidate can choose to do the coursework again, or can resubmit the mark from a previousseries. When the entry is made, 4753A means unit 4753 with coursework submitted and 4753B meansunit 4753 with coursework mark carried forward.

Note that candidates who resit a unit have to resit the examination

Does this mean you can do the exam and just do/submit the coursework next year? I am trying to sit for C1-C3 and S1 + M1 early but my school is not allowing it - so thinking of doing the exams externally but I am not sure if i am allowed to sit for the C3 exam without submitting the coursework
Reply 4
Original post by arnab
Does this mean you can do the exam and just do/submit the coursework next year? I am trying to sit for C1-C3 and S1 + M1 early but my school is not allowing it - so thinking of doing the exams externally but I am not sure if i am allowed to sit for the C3 exam without submitting the coursework

No. You can carry forward the coursework mark and re-sit the exam but not the other way round. If you just take the exam this year you will get 0 for the coursework and you'd have to take both again enxt year to improve.
Reply 5
Original post by Studious_Student
I am thinking of possibly retaking C3 during my gap year along with C4, however do we have to retake the coursework too?

You can just carry forward the coursework and re-sit the exam.
Original post by arnab

The c3 coursework is worth quite a lot of marks and it adds up to give overall c3 grade. For this you might want to email or call OCR's maths department. Since the coursework is usually submitted before the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest