Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Business IT and am currently going into my 2nd year and I am enjoying the course. However recently I have began to think that I would be a good teacher and that I would enjoy it. I'm not sure in what capacity I want to teach but in a secondary school environment seems the most appealing.

If I finish my course what would I have to do to become a business studies or IT teacher?

Thanks, Niall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallBelfast)
    I'm studying Business IT and am currently going into my 2nd year and I am enjoying the course. However recently I have began to think that I would be a good teacher and that I would enjoy it. I'm not sure in what capacity I want to teach but in a secondary school environment seems the most appealing.

If I finish my course what would I have to do to become a business studies or IT teacher?

Thanks, Niall
    Make certain you have a C in English, maths and science. The science is necessary for high school eductation.

If you've got these, along with your degree, you apply for a PGCE. Before you're accepted on, you'll be asked to complete a literacy and numeracy paper. You then complete the PGCE and become a qualified teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Make certain you have a C in English, maths and science. The science is necessary for high school eductation.

If you've got these, along with your degree, you apply for a PGCE. Before you're accepted on, you'll be asked to complete a literacy and numeracy paper. You then complete the PGCE and become a qualified teacher.
    I have the GCSE grades you mentioned, thats great I'm going to read up about that now.

Thanks!

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.