Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My dream is to do an Economics degree at LSE. Do I need to get an A* in my Maths GCSE to do this! High grade boundaries this year make me think I got an A! I am really worrying so could someone help me out?!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No an A is good enough given you get an A*/A in A-Level, I want to do something similar

But are you speaking about maths with economics or just economics, I don't remember there being an economics by itself but there probably is, and with what everyone is saying about LSE it's putting me off and making me lean towards UCL but they are both great unis regardless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for responding! That's good! Well I want to do Economics with Mathematics economics! That's the name of the degree at least...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by dp00)
    Thanks for responding! That's good! Well I want to do Economics with Mathematics economics! That's the name of the degree at least...
    no problem
    Oh yh then I would recommend you take further maths too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    no problem
    Oh yh then I would recommend you take further maths too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    should I take AS further maths or do the whole A level?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by dp00)
    should I take AS further maths or do the whole A level?
    If you think you can get an A in it when you start and after first year, I recommend you do the whole a-level

It's just extra maths and a whole A-Lebel so if you are good at maths and enjoy it then I recommend it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Also the top unis will require A* maths but with further maths
    It's A maths A further maths
    So yh, and it's respected and will help you in uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.