The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have 9 exams this year so I only have to do 11 next year to lighten the workload. On the positive side I can repeat if any exams go wrong
Original post by lemonandlime123
I have 9 exams this year so I only have to do 11 next year to lighten the workload. On the positive side I can repeat if any exams go wrong

Im in a Similar situation, I'm doing 4 GCSEs this year but there's no chance of resitting them 😕
Hey guys, my names Dan. I'm procrastinating. I'm in Year 10.

I'm doing:
Maths
English Lang
English Lit
Triple Science
History
RS
Art
French

I've already done my Chinese GCSE's, I got an A*.

I don't have many interests, I'm trying to stop watching that much youtube, but well, its rather evident that I'm finding other distractions quite easily. I'm dumb to say the least. In laments terms, I'm kinda ****. The problem I'm having right now is that I'm trying to start focusing but current situation at home are making it rather complicated. Unlike probably all of you I do not have any confidence that I'm going to pass ANY of my exams. My school is going downhill. Some of my classes are just ****. Just ****. Nothing is moving at the pace i want it to be, in History I honestly feel like we're going in slow motion.

My favourites subjects? None. Personally I wanted to do some Government and Politics and Economics, but because my school is *****y and public, my school doesn't have the neccesary resources to do it. Furthermore, subjects I do like have been (i.e English and History) been either swamped with dickheads or the teacher is just making me hate the subject in general. I used to be rather passionate about maths, but similarly to my faith it has worn off over the years. It's been a month since school has started and I don;t think I've learn anything. *sigh

In the future I'd love to be a politician, if not then a journalist. But as the days go by the former seems to be increasingly unlikely.

Sorry for a depressing rant.
Original post by D4n.3h
Hey guys, my names Dan. I'm procrastinating. I'm in Year 10.

I'm doing:
Maths
English Lang
English Lit
Triple Science
History
RS
Art
French

I've already done my Chinese GCSE's, I got an A*.

I don't have many interests, I'm trying to stop watching that much youtube, but well, its rather evident that I'm finding other distractions quite easily. I'm dumb to say the least. In laments terms, I'm kinda ****. The problem I'm having right now is that I'm trying to start focusing but current situation at home are making it rather complicated. Unlike probably all of you I do not have any confidence that I'm going to pass ANY of my exams. My school is going downhill. Some of my classes are just ****. Just ****. Nothing is moving at the pace i want it to be, in History I honestly feel like we're going in slow motion.

My favourites subjects? None. Personally I wanted to do some Government and Politics and Economics, but because my school is *****y and public, my school doesn't have the neccesary resources to do it. Furthermore, subjects I do like have been (i.e English and History) been either swamped with dickheads or the teacher is just making me hate the subject in general. I used to be rather passionate about maths, but similarly to my faith it has worn off over the years. It's been a month since school has started and I don;t think I've learn anything. *sigh

In the future I'd love to be a politician, if not then a journalist. But as the days go by the former seems to be increasingly unlikely.

Sorry for a depressing rant.

You're not the only one feeling **** about their school situation. I'm seriously doubting I can scrape an A in my Geography coursework. You're in no way dumb, a dumb person wouldn't be able to get an A* in Chinese. Government and Politics seem like cool subjects but badly only private schools do them

BTW. I applaud you for doing GCSE art, there's no way I could hack it
No one around?
Reply 265
Is anyonee here doing edexcel history,how are you guys finding history in general?

Are all of you guys doing exams in science?
Ours is gonna be about enegy and electricity i barely understood anything in class due to the fact that the teacher we have expects us to know basics already,however in year 9 we had supply teachers 90% of the time😓
And the only thing we do in lessons is practicals which needs prior informations 😭😭 which we dont have...
Original post by forre
Is anyonee here doing edexcel history,how are you guys finding history in general?

Ours is gonna be about enegy and electricity i barely understood anything in class due to the fact that the teacher we have expects us to know basics already,however in year 9 we had supply teachers 90% of the time😓
And the only thing we do in lessons is practicals which needs prior informations 😭😭 which we dont have...

Edexcel History (unreformed, sitting it this year), I'm doing medicine and surgery through time, Vietnam (doing coursework atm) and Germany. What are you doing? I find that history is a lot of just taking a lot of information and processing it.
Original post by forre

im doing edexcel and im finding it a bit difficult,but once i pick it up I know it will be easier
I'm doing Computing (OCR), Triple Science (AQA), Geography (Eduqas) and History (Edexcel).

Also, RS (required.... ... :frown: )
Sorry I haven't updated recently but has been a crazy week!
By Friday I will have 10% of my English Language finished!! Just 90% to go :frown:
Quite worried as by the end of June we will have 70% of our English language completed
Original post by lemonandlime123
Sorry I haven't updated recently but has been a crazy week!
By Friday I will have 10% of my English Language finished!! Just 90% to go :frown:
Quite worried as by the end of June we will have 70% of our English language completed

Dw, I've done 45% of French already and 25% of History and Geography. I know exactly how you feel
Original post by thejj100100
I'm doing Computing (OCR), Triple Science (AQA), Geography (Eduqas) and History (Edexcel).

Also, RS (required.... ... :frown: )

I'm on Edexcel too for History, what are your topics
Reply 272
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Edexcel History (unreformed, sitting it this year), I'm doing medicine and surgery through time, Vietnam (doing coursework atm) and Germany. What are you doing? I find that history is a lot of just taking a lot of information and processing it.

Well at tje moment we are doing anglosaxon and normans,thats really however we will doing nazi germany as well
Original post by forre
Well at tje moment we are doing anglosaxon and normans,thats really however we will doing nazi germany as well

he doesnt reply veryquick where as on ma thread i do xD :biggrin:
Original post by mayu123

*she and if anyone really wanted to be on your thread they'd be there xxxxx
Original post by forre

Nazi Germany is really good, I suggest watching Good Morning Mr Hitler as it's a really good film for explaining society in Nazi Germany
Original post by mayu123

Are you not embarrassed by the way youre acting?
Reply 277
Original post by mayu123

shut man i dont care about your thread
Reply 278
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Nazi Germany is really good, I suggest watching Good Morning Mr Hitler as it's a really good film for explaining society in Nazi Germany

yeah i will probably do that when we start it .
right now i need to stydy for all my subjects as we are doing mock exams next week

my school is kind of stupid cause , im not form England ,(im from sweden came to england in year 9, this means that they havent got my sats score so for literally every subject my target is a 3+ , even in maths where i got a B+ last year

it just makes me look stupid
Original post by forre
yeah i will probably do that when we start it .
right now i need to stydy for all my subjects as we are doing mock exams next week

my school is kind of stupid cause , im not form England ,(im from sweden came to england in year 9, this means that they havent got my sats score so for literally every subject my target is a 3+ , even in maths where i got a B+ last year

it just makes me look stupid

How come you're doing mocks so soon?

I had like a panic attack in my English sats so i only got a 4a and all my other grades were 6s. To this day, my reports say I'm gonna get a 6 in English even though that's the grade I'm currently working at.

Latest