English lit (AQA)
English lang (AQA)
Math (Edexel)
History(Don't know)
French (AQA)
Music (Edexel)
Computing (OCR)
Religious Studies (Edexel)

My school starts GCSEs in year 9, so I'm already halfway through most of my courses.

Someone else sitting exams this year (forgive me if I'm wrong), we're the last ones doing unreformed subjects 🎉
Original post by xDaniella7809
It's been going quite well so far if I'm being honest but it's hard work. I admit that there is a lot to memorise but my memory is not that bad, so memorising Mrs Vandertramp as well as other vocabulary and tenses have been alright.

Memrise for learning vocabulary has been a god send, really recommend it for preparing for reading and listening Exams.
Original post by FlushedTable
yes; specific subjects are biology, chemistry, and physicsim really bad at chemistry, but physics is just math and a bit of scientific concepts, and biology is all right i guess.

how are you revising to succeeed??
How's everyone coping with school so far? Any super difficult subjects or ones that seem easy? So far chemistry is a bit of a hassle for me lol but I find biology quite easy so far...
Original post by MartynaJP6
How's everyone coping with school so far? Any super difficult subjects or ones that seem easy? So far chemistry is a bit of a hassle for me lol but I find biology quite easy so far...

Geography coursework is killing me. And Inspector Calls is a bore. The best I'll get is a b because my teacher is a wh*re
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Geography coursework is killing me. And Inspector Calls is a bore. The best I'll get is a b because my teacher is a wh*re

I hate geography, thats why I took history haha. I find An Inspector Calls quite interesting, actually lol
I hate geography, thats why I took history haha. I find An Inspector Calls quite interesting, actually lol

Well because I'm a really smart great logical thinker, I took BOTH history and geography 😊😊😊
Well because I'm a really smart great logical thinker, I took BOTH history and geography 😊😊😊

Haha :smile: How's that going? Are you also learning about the USA in history?
Reply 168
Hi I'm Adrian and I'm going into Year 10 (obviously)

My interests (or obsessions) are Formula One, rugby and tennis also I enjoy athletics and I am a member of a club competing over sprint distance but also branching into endurance running cos who doesn't love doubling over in exhaustion at 9am in a park:biggrin:.

- English Literature (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- English Language (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- Maths (Edexcel))- Predicted a 9
- I am probably taking Additional/Further Maths but not entirely sure atm
- Chemistry (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- Biology (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- Physics (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- French (AQA, I think)- Predicted a 9
- Philosophy and Ethics/Religious Studies (Don't Know Which Exam Board)- Predicted a 9
- Geography (Edexcel)- Predicted a 9
- Computer Science (OCR)- Predicted a 9
- History (Edexcel)- Predicted a 9

Somehow I'm predicted all 9's due to the grades apparently being derived from KS2, is this the case for all UK schools?

My favourite subjects are undoubtedly the Sciences as they are my lifelong passion, however I've recently grown more interested in Maths as secondary has gone on mostly because of its application to in particular physics and generally I feel as if you just change your mindset from the generic 'I can't do maths it's only for geniuses and I won't need it in life', then at least inmy experience you'll notice a tangible difference in your achievement and maybe even begin to enjoy it.

To conclude, my ambition is to become an aerodynamicist in a Formula One team and I hope to attend Imperial College or Cambridge to study Aeronautical Engineering after completing A-Levels in Maths, Physics, Computing and Chemistry or History; if I pick a fourth subject.

Good Luck to everyone this year and the next, slightly more but with a little less procrastination hopefully I will achieve my targets.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 169
Original post by mayu123
Wow congrates to her i am doing inspector calls as well do you have any old notes that i can see for revsion and i will show you mine xD:tongue:
ill tell her you said that to her. I will ask her for her revision notes if she still has them and i will definiteley share them xD
Haha :smile: How's that going? Are you also learning about the USA in history?

I'm with edexcel doing the unreformed course with exams this year. Doing Medicine through time, Germany 1912-45, Vietnam (with coursework), surgery through time. What about you?
Original post by Kwendo
Hi I'm Adrian and I'm going into Year 10 (obviously)

My interests (or obsessions) are Formula One, rugby and tennis also I enjoy athletics and I am a member of a club competing over sprint distance but also branching into endurance running cos who doesn't love doubling over in exhaustion at 9am in a park:biggrin:.

- English Literature (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- English Language (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- Maths (Edexcel))- Predicted a 9
- I am probably taking Additional/Further Maths but not entirely sure atm
- Chemistry (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- Biology (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- Physics (AQA)- Predicted a 9
- French (AQA, I think)- Predicted a 9
- Philosophy and Ethics/Religious Studies (Don't Know Which Exam Board)- Predicted a 9
- Geography (Edexcel)- Predicted a 9
- Computer Science (OCR)- Predicted a 9
- History (Edexcel)- Predicted a 9

Somehow I'm predicted all 9's due to the grades apparently being derived from KS2, is this the case for all UK schools?

My favourite subjects are undoubtedly the Sciences as they are my lifelong passion, however I've recently grown more interested in Maths as secondary has gone on mostly because of its application to in particular physics and generally I feel as if you just change your mindset from the generic 'I can't do maths it's only for geniuses and I won't need it in life', then at least inmy experience you'll notice a tangible difference in your achievement and maybe even begin to enjoy it.

To conclude, my ambition is to become an aerodynamicist in a Formula One team and I hope to attend Imperial College or Cambridge to study Aeronautical Engineering after completing A-Levels in Maths, Physics, Computing and Chemistry or History; if I pick a fourth subject.

Good Luck to everyone this year and the next, slightly more but with a little less procrastination hopefully I will achieve my targets.

Fellow Rugby player 🎉🎉🎉 and Cambridge aspirer
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 172
Fellow Rugby player 🎉🎉🎉 and Cambridge aspirer

Yasss what position do you play(full-back or wing) and do you support a Premiership or domestic rugby club cos uno Harlequins!!!!

anyway I'm more set on Imperial just cos they offer my specific course of choice
rather than the broader one of Cambridge but saying that if I were to be other both I would probably end of leaning towards the latter cos of the academic supervisions
and extras which they are known for but Imperial and Cambridge are on a virtual
even keel for STEM, not that you care as you despise them.

*I ramble, a bit*
Original post by Kwendo
Yasss what position do you play(full-back or wing) and do you support a Premiership or domestic rugby club cos uno Harlequins!!!!

anyway I'm more set on Imperial just cos they offer my specific course of choice
rather than the broader one of Cambridge but saying that if I were to be other both I would probably end of leaning towards the latter cos of the academic supervisions
and extras which they are known for but Imperial and Cambridge are on a virtual
even keel for STEM, not that you care as you despise them.

*I ramble, a bit*

I play full-back and I'm from Oxford so Quins all the way 🎉. I don't completely despise STEM, just as school subjects. I'm part of a robotics club that works with Oxford university. Imperial sounds cool because of London and stuff but I'm not sure about their law department
Original post by MrIso
That is complicated, but its an interesting mix, no-one could say that you're boring! What accent do you speak in, an Australian, British, American or other?

My American friends say I speak in an Australian accent, my Australian friends say I've got an American accent, and my riding teacher says I've got an South African accent. So take your pick!
Original post by MrIso
ill tell her you said that to her. I will ask her for her revision notes if she still has them and i will definiteley share them xD

Thks so much xD:smile:Means the World xD
I'm with edexcel doing the unreformed course with exams this year. Doing Medicine through time, Germany 1912-45, Vietnam (with coursework), surgery through time. What about you?

We will be doing surgery through time, but currently we're doing the USA, then surgery and medicine and last super powers so Russia etc.

your doing geography coursework ??? im doing geography as wellxD:p:o
Original post by mayu123
your doing geography coursework ??? im doing geography as wellxD:p:o

You're doing the new spec, how is it?
We will be doing surgery through time, but currently we're doing the USA, then surgery and medicine and last super powers so Russia etc.

What exam board are you on?

Latest