Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I want to be a Business Teacher preferably within a 6th form school but Business isn't a main subject within schools I get that. Anyway I have completed my HNC IN Business and have just got a job as a permanent cover supervisor( supply teacher ) within a school. Should I carry on doing the HND then top up degree within business then PGCE whilst working at the school or do my CERT ED on an evening which as undergraduate Teaching qual to enable me to teach in the lifelong sector?

ANY HELP WELCOME PLEASE!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyGalvin1)
    Hi

I want to be a Business Teacher preferably within a 6th form school but Business isn't a main subject within schools I get that. Anyway I have completed my HNC IN Business and have just got a job as a permanent cover supervisor( supply teacher ) within a school. Should I carry on doing the HND then top up degree within business then PGCE whilst working at the school or do my CERT ED on an evening which as undergraduate Teaching qual to enable me to teach in the lifelong sector?

Thanks
    How did you manage to get a job as a supply teacher without having Qualified Teacher Status? Or at least without having a degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyGalvin1)
    Hi

Thanks
    I'd always suggest degree + PGCE because it is far more flexible than a teaching qualification on its own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    How did you manage to get a job as a supply teacher without having Qualified Teacher Status? Or at least without having a degree?

If you google cover supervisor.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.