Coolk14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have finished the first year of my GCSE and still haven't got revision guides. Is it still worth buying them for the last year and which subjects should i get them for?
My subjects : Computer Science, Business Studies, Geography, Spanish, Math, Biology, Physics and Chemistry
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NK778)
I have finished the first year of my GCSE and still haven't got revision guides. Is it still worth buying them for the last year and which subjects should i get them for?
My subjects : Computer Science, Business Studies, Geography, Spanish, Math, Biology, Physics and Chemistry
If you want them, I'd recommend the CGP ones. They're very good (for GCSE at least).*
Harrykel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes!!! Definitely get the revision guides. They're designed to be bought a few months before the exams so you can revise.
LiiHyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NK778)
Yes, like that shouldn't even be a question. I hadn't even started revising in my first year. Besides I know people who even lost their revision guides and went and bought a new one the weekend before the exams! BUY THEM. You're going to need them! It's absolutely not to late!

the new CGP guides are good (they've cut back a bit on the cringey jokes in the newer additions) , I even ended up buying all the text books we used in class (hella expensive but it'll be the reason I do well ngl)
definitelyjuliet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just finished my GCSEs and i would say that revision guides are a massive help. I looked at how many part/topics there were in each book and i worked out how many pages i would have to do each week to complete the book by March. Then from March i went over all my notes and revised and did past papers. CGP books are great for most subjects. If you do AQA sciences get the revision guides for the subjects made by AQA as they helped me so much; they got me an A in biology in year 10 when i did the exam early.
The guides are so useful i made my mum buy a specific one 2 weeks before my exam.

Good luck next yeaar, revise from February/ March to prevent yourself from *****ing it in May.
Coolk14
Rep:
?
So its still worth getting a revision guide for maths eventhough i will do my GCSE in January?
And i hate writing notes so is it ok just to learn from the revision guide and past papers
Coolk14
Rep:
?
(Original post by definitelyjuliet)
I just finished my GCSEs and i would say that revision guides are a massive help. I looked at how many part/topics there were in each book and i worked out how many pages i would have to do each week to complete the book by March. Then from March i went over all my notes and revised and did past papers. CGP books are great for most subjects. If you do AQA sciences get the revision guides for the subjects made by AQA as they helped me so much; they got me an A in biology in year 10 when i did the exam early.
The guides are so useful i made my mum buy a specific one 2 weeks before my exam.

Good luck next yeaar, revise from February/ March to prevent yourself from *****ing it in May.
Thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (95)
27.22%
England (114)
32.66%
Belgium (28)
8.02%
Germany (40)
11.46%
Spain (8)
2.29%