Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im going to be starting college soon and i've been suffering with severe anxiety for 6 months and i havent told anyone at the college... im really worried that people with treat me differently when they find out and also im very nervous about having panic attacks at college...
    Should i tell the college and how can i help to stop myself feeling so anxious.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by xtiabcx)
    Im going to be starting college soon and i've been suffering with severe anxiety for 6 months and i havent told anyone at the college... im really worried that people with treat me differently when they find out and also im very nervous about having panic attacks at college...
    I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. I think it would be best if you spoke to someone at your college, whether it's your tutor or head of year. They are there to help so won't treat you differently and there are probably other students who are feeling the same way as you. Your college will also be able to offer you support and guidance to help you deal with your anxiety.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Okay i will try i do find it really difficult to talk to people i dont know it causes me to become really anxious but i think talking to someone at the college will help thank you
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. I think it would be best if you spoke to someone at your college, whether it's your tutor or head of year. They are there to help so won't treat you differently and there are probably other students who are feeling the same way as you. Your college will also be able to offer you support and guidance to help you deal with your anxiety.
    Good luck
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Okay i will try i do find it really difficult to talk to people i dont know it causes me to become really anxious but i think talking to someone at the college will help thank you
    If you find it hard to speak to people, why not write them a letter? It'll allow you to express how you feel without your anxiousness taking over.
    I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever you tell won't share the information without talking to you first, and they will be used to dealing with these kinds of issues it can be nice to have people around you who are aware of the problems.
    Some of the things that have helped me with anxiety include- talking to people, writing things down, slow breathing etc.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt even think of writing it down i will do that thank you
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    If you find it hard to speak to people, why not write them a letter? It'll allow you to express how you feel without your anxiousness taking over.
    I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I know they wont share the information i just feel like im a burden on other people
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Whoever you tell won't share the information without talking to you first, and they will be used to dealing with these kinds of issues it can be nice to have people around you who are aware of the problems.
    Some of the things that have helped me with anxiety include- talking to people, writing things down, slow breathing etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.