Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

February 2017 Bristol UWE nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey my name is Rachael,
I'm studying Adult Nursing in feb too, I've been allocated at Wallscourt park.
I've been told my placement will be in Bath & NE Somerset ...
Anyone else?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by RWright
Hey my name is Rachael,
Anyone else?

Hi Rachael! I'm also called Rachel and starting in Feb! I will be living at home and have been allocated in Bristol South. I work in the Bath RUH which is a lovely hospital so I am sure you will enjoy it!
Reply 22
Original post by RWright
Hey my name is Rachael,
Anyone else?

Hey Rachael, I've been allocated Wallscourt park as well, what flat are you going to be in?
Reply 23
Original post by AmyVMorgan
Hey Rachael, I've been allocated Wallscourt park as well, what flat are you going to be in?

Hey Amy, I've been put in flat 410. What about you??
Reply 24
Original post by rh846
Hi Rachael! I'm also called Rachel and starting in Feb! I will be living at home and have been allocated in Bristol South. I work in the Bath RUH which is a lovely hospital so I am sure you will enjoy it!

Hey! That's good to know, thank you for sharing :smile: I live all the way up in Cumbria so living at home was never going to be an option for me ha.
Reply 25
Hi all,
I'm Ben. I'm studying Adult Nursing (also starting in Feb 2017) and hopefully my accommodation will be at Glenside but not confirmed yet. My placements will be at the Bristol Royal Infirmary and the Chesterfield. I'm 25 and come from Somerset.

Has anyone been told they can stay in halls through their placements?
Reply 26
Original post by RWright
Hey Amy, I've been put in flat 410. What about you??

That's cool, I'll be in flat 411 :smile:
Reply 27
Has everyone had their placements? If so where do you find them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's cool, I'll be in flat 411 :smile:

Hi I'm Izzy
I will also be in flat 411 🙂
Reply 29
thats so cool that I've found someone haha!! What course you doing??
Reply 30
There's a group chat on Facebook for anyone starting children's nursing in February :smile:
thats so cool that I've found someone haha!! What course you doing??

Yeah!! I will be studying adult nursing, I'm thinking I'm probably going to move in on the 4th Feb. What about you? 😀
Reply 32
im going to move in on the 4th as well :smile: how old are you??
im going to move in on the 4th as well :smile: how old are you??

Great I was hoping I wasn't going to be the last to move in! I'm 19 and from Bath not far from Bristol, how old are you? I guess I shall meet you on the 4th!
Reply 34
Original post by JCrimbo
Has everyone had their placements? If so where do you find them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The most I've been told is the region which I will have my placement in, and that was given to me when I received an offer from the UNI.

Does anyone know if we have to organise it ourselves before we start our course in Feb? I can't find anything about how to get our placements arranged on their website. :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by RWright
The most I've been told is the region which I will have my placement in, and that was given to me when I received an offer from the UNI.

Does anyone know if we have to organise it ourselves before we start our course in Feb? I can't find anything about how to get our placements arranged on their website. :/

The different regions will cover a variety of placements you will go to. So I have been given Bristol South which will cover the Bristol Royal Infirmary, St Michael's Hospital, Chesterfield and more.
So you will be in different hospitals and community placements throughout your three years. The course should arrange the placements for you :smile:
Hope this helps!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Is there a Facebook group for Nursing for February 2017? :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Izzzzzzzzzzzzy
Great I was hoping I wasn't going to be the last to move in! I'm 19 and from Bath not far from Bristol, how old are you? I guess I shall meet you on the 4th!

I'm 19 too :smile: I'm from just outside Cardiff so it isn't too far for me either
Reply 38
Original post by rh846
The different regions will cover a variety of placements you will go to. So I have been given Bristol South which will cover the Bristol Royal Infirmary, St Michael's Hospital, Chesterfield and more.
So you will be in different hospitals and community placements throughout your three years. The course should arrange the placements for you :smile:
Hope this helps!

ahhh thanks Rachel, that's really helpful! :smile: and a relief to know!
Reply 39
Hi everyone! My names jazz I am also starting on the 6th, I am 19 and will be living at home in Bristol! I'm really nervous for our first day, does anyone know what to expect :smile:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending