Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to Edinburgh and I just did my UKCAT. I got an average of 637 and Situational Judgement in Band 2. Is this good enough to still apply?

(I got 9A*s and 2As at GCSE and am predicted A* and A at A2.)

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately that's probably not good enough for Edinburgh. They score your application based on the UKCAT, your academics and your PS, and to get an offer you apparently need something like 38/40. With that score, even if the rest of your application is absolutely perfect, you'd get something like 35-36. If you love Edinburgh then I'd say give it a shot regardless, but if it's just one option then I'd say it's too risky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamaslostasyou)
    I'm thinking of applying to Edinburgh and I just did my UKCAT. I got an average of 637 and Situational Judgement in Band 2. Is this good enough to still apply?

(I got 9A*s and 2As at GCSE and am predicted A* and A at A2.)
    Unfortunately not and that is such a shame really as your GCSEs are great for Edinburgh! There are fortunately a good number of other unis that you can apply to on the basis of your academics such as Cardiff, Birmingham and potentially a BMAT university!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the feedback guys, but what about Sheffield Uni?? I went to their open day yesterday and they said they have a threshold that currently stands at 1850/2700 (lower this year as there's no DA/DM) which could change. I got a total of 1910 in my UKCAT - is this safe enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamaslostasyou)
    thanks for the feedback guys, but what about Sheffield Uni?? I went to their open day yesterday and they said they have a threshold that currently stands at 1850/2700 (lower this year as there's no DA/DM) which could change. I got a total of 1910 in my UKCAT - is this safe enough?
    They've said that the lowest score for interviewing last year had they ranked all applicants based on UKCAT (which they will be doing this year) was 2030 so maybe it's a bit risky.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.