Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm male and i like a girl from university who i have spoken f2f before but not a lot. Recently I started messaging her on fb and got to know more about her. But this month ive only messaged her twice which is terrible.

I wanna know how do guys messages girls they are interested every few days?

Is it as easy as saying "Hi" or "Hey" every other day?

The girl Im chatting to seems a bit shy, so i feel as though i have to put in more effort atm with starting our chats.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm male and i like a girl from university who i have spoken f2f before but not a lot. Recently I started messaging her on fb and got to know more about her. But this month ive only messaged her twice which is terrible.

The girl Im chatting to seems a bit shy, so i feel as though i have to put in more effort atm with starting our chats.
    It's difficult because okay, you're only messaging them twice in a month but they're also giving nothing back, granted you say she's shy though.

How did you meet her? What do you have in common?

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't need any advice, thanks.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    It's difficult because okay, you're only messaging them twice in a month but they're also giving nothing back, granted you say she's shy though.

How did you meet her? What do you have in common?
    At uni we do the same course and we're both from the same area and we are both from the same ethnic background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm female.. and personally id advise you to just be yourself.. find some common grounds, maybe even ask her to meet? or just ask generally what she is up to then show interest in what she has to say! Good Luck, but remember BE YOURSELF.

If after a while it seems as if it's a one sided conversation then you'll know for yourself.. don't admit to liking her straight away.. but after a while throw some hints so you see where you stand
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    if you just keep saying "hi", I'd personally stop responding to you. It gets so boring after a while.

ReputationRep:
    Communicate in real life. The worst thing you can do is awkwardly make eye contact irl, rush home, fling open your laptop and say 'hey'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.