Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy on tinder back in April. We started messaging on whatsapp. But as I don't live in the UK I told him that I can visit him only in September. Dusing these months we were sexting and I grew closer to him. Then at the start of August I finally met him in person. But I didn't feel attraction to have sex with him. In person he was quite shy and also not so tall.
    But I still liked him. He expected me to have sex with him. But I didn't meet him afterwards. Even though I regretted about that and I told him that I want to meet him again via messages when my trip was already over.He understood that I don't fancy him. But he suggested to become friends initially.
    Once I came back home I started to miss him. But he blocked me on everything. And now I don't know what to do. I miss him because he is a really good guy and I wanted to meet him again.
    I know his Facebook but I am hesitant to contact him on it and share my full name.

ReputationRep:
    Move on honestly. He only wanted sex. If that's what you want then contact him on Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    No point wasting your time on him, he'd been chatting with you all this time because he'd been wanting sex and was willing to wait it out and get it. You did the right thing by not sleeping with him here. He's blocked you because he's just bitter and butt hurt over the rejection

ReputationRep:
    You've realised what you would want from him, but it's not the same as what he obviously wants, otherwise he wouldn't have blocked you
    It's in your own interests that you leave things the way they are

ReputationRep:
    You don't want him as a sexual partner and he doesn't want you as a friend. Both just move on imo.

ReputationRep:
    Forget about him. There are plenty of other guys on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is great.

He is a great man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a guy on tinder back in April. We started messaging on whatsapp. But as I don't live in the UK I told him that I can visit him only in September. Dusing these months we were sexting and I grew closer to him. Then at the start of August I finally met him in person. But I didn't feel attraction to have sex with him. In person he was quite shy and also not so tall.
    But I still liked him. He expected me to have sex with him. But I didn't meet him afterwards. Even though I regretted about that and I told him that I want to meet him again via messages when my trip was already over.He understood that I don't fancy him. But he suggested to become friends initially.
    Once I came back home I started to miss him. But he blocked me on everything. And now I don't know what to do. I miss him because he is a really good guy and I wanted to meet him again.
    I know his Facebook but I am hesitant to contact him on it and share my full name.

I wouldn't have blocked you,
    nor would have I demanded sex on the first date.

but if I was chatting with a girl months and months on tinder and she made it clear to me that she wasn't into me ....I would probably cut contact too.

maybe it's just me, but i just can't stand to hang around a girl if she's rejected me. In order to get over the "butthurt" I need to cut contact.

ReputationRep:
    You both wanted different things...he did the right thing, may have been a little harsh and sudden for you but it's best if you just forget him...he clearly only wanted one thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Message me, something similar happened to me, want to know if it is the same guy

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm..... I don't see this the same way as the others. Yes, you met on tinder but you live in a different country. You had semi-regular/regular sexting sessions with him and you grew closer. You grew close enough that you actually met up with him. I guess he wanted to get together with you, I mean you'd been sexting with him for months. It sounds to me like what you are describing is you agreed to meet him but stood him up. It doesn't mean he was only interested in meeting with you for sex..... maybe he was interested in you and felt he'd grown close to you over the months as well. Being quite shy and not so tall in person probably means that he has some insecurities and you confirmed all of those insecurities when you stood him up. You made it clear you didn't fancy him as more than a friend. I think he felt hurt, let down, most likely embarrassed and probably already has enough 'friends'. I don't think this guy was just about having sex (but I could be wrong). You didn't owe this guy to be in a relationship or even to have a hook-up but you'd established enough of a connection that you owed it to him to meet him as planned and talk to him. You could have talked to him about your feelings or lack thereof. You took the easy way out and you stood him up and he respects himself enough to choose not to continue to try to find romance or even friendship with someone who didn't respect him any more than that. I know several people who have gotten into relationships via tinder, not everyone wants a quick hook-up. Maybe you just wanted sexual chemistry and a quick hookup - you didn't say. I just think intentionally standing someone up is inexcusable and you deserved to be blocked. Now you say you miss him and that he is a great guy and don't know what to do.... I guess you just chalk it up to a life lesson.... you may have missed out on someone great.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.