• Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by madhvi patel)
    ? above
    I've moved your thread into the Nursing and Midwifery area.

Effectively no, it doesn't. Some universities are held in higher regard generally, but going to a 'bad' university would not stop you getting a job. Some offer honours degrees, which may be better for getting into further education but again, doing an ordinary degree would not stop you from furthering your career. Something to consider is the length of placements (although all universities are 50:50 placement and theory), but how they organise these varies. *Much of your ability to progress in a career is down to your passion for the area and any extra things you are involved in at university. A passionate applicant from a poorer university is more likely to gain a post than an applicant from a highly esteemed university that doesn't demonstrate enthusiasm.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    I've moved your thread into the Nursing and Midwifery area.

Effectively no, it doesn't. Some universities are held in higher regard generally, but going to a 'bad' university would not stop you getting a job. Some offer honours degrees, which may be better for getting into further education but again, doing an ordinary degree would not stop you from furthering your career. Something to consider is the length of placements (although all universities are 50:50 placement and theory), but how they organise these varies. *Much of your ability to progress in a career is down to your passion for the area and any extra things you are involved in at university. A passionate applicant from a poorer university is more likely to gain a post than an applicant from a highly esteemed university that doesn't demonstrate enthusiasm.*
    I'm also retaking a few units will I be able to reapply to do nursing?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I'm also retaking a few units will I be able to reapply to do nursing?
    Yes, but if you are taking a gap year do this you would be expected to do more work experience and volunteering etc.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    ? above
    It doesn't matter for any healthcare degree that effectively leads to an automatic job..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    Yes, but if you are taking a gap year do this you would be expected to do more work experience and volunteering etc.
    I sadly ended up with a DDE because of personal reason.. which I dont have proof for. I want to retake the D and E because I cant afford to retake the D .. is it possible for me to get into universities through clearing
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I sadly ended up with a DDE because of personal reason.. which I dont have proof for. I want to retake the D and E because I cant afford to retake the D .. is it possible for me to get into universities through clearing
    At this point and with the grades you have it is very unlikely. I am not aware of any universities that would accept those grades as they are. Dundee used to ask for DD at A Level but I'm sure this has increased by now. Bear in mind that universities with lower grade requirements generally expect a lot in terms of interview skills, work experience and volunteering.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.