Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have been accepted into a pharmacy course at Durham university, I was wondering apart from becoming a pharmacist what other jobs could I potentially enter?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...egree/pharmacy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blessed107)
    I have been accepted into a pharmacy course at Durham university, I was wondering apart from becoming a pharmacist what other jobs could I potentially enter?
    any general grad job

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Princepieman)
    any general grad job

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So could I venture into the field of busines and economics ? If I wanted
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So could I venture into the field of busines and economics ? If I wanted
    obvs, but not economics. not even bsc econ grads can go into economics unless they have a masters or phd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

obvs, but not economics. not even bsc econ grads can go into economics unless they have a masters or phd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But my course is a masters it's mpharm , and Would I not have a shot at economics bearing in mind I go to a top 5 Russell group uni
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    But my course is a masters it's mpharm , and Would I not have a shot at economics bearing in mind I go to a top 5 Russell group uni
    it doesn't matter what your degree is

Posted from TSR Mobile

it doesn't matter what your degree is

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So what is the main reason I would not be able to enter the field of economics
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So what is the main reason I would not be able to enter the field of economics
    because you don't have a masters or phd in economics. you can go into finance, any general area of business but not economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In order to become an economist- someone who studies, applies or develops economic theories and concepts- you need a Msc or PhD in economics.

(Original post by Trapz99)
    In order to become an economist- someone who studies, applies or develops economic theories and concepts- you need a Msc or PhD in economics.
    What about financial analyst ? Or actuary

ReputationRep:
    What about financial analyst ? Or actuary

You can become a financial analyst assuming you have a degree that is semi-quantitative as a minimal requirement.

However, for someone like yourself, you need to focus on starting your degree in Pharmacy never mind thinking 3-4 years ahead.

Best of Luck!

ReputationRep:
    just a little advice. Don't bother with pharmacy take a gap year and apply for economics. from reading your replies i can tell you're into economics more. There's no point of wasting 4 years doing something you don't like for the sake of getting a graduate degree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.