Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when is the deadline to send bank details to student finance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    my first payment is the 26th sep to pay for accomodation on the 1st october so im worried i wont get it, how long do i have to get the details in as im waiting for a card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    my first payment is the 26th sep to pay for accomodation on the 1st october so im worried i wont get it, how long do i have to get the details in as im waiting for a card
    You don't need your card number. You need your bank account number and your bank sort code.

As long as bank details are in the system no less than a fortnight before your first installment is due, you should be fine. However, the sooner the better. If you already have your account, you can do it now.*

Plus 26th September is just the earliest date on which SF will release your money. When you actually get paid will depend on when you enrol on campus, which is up to the uni. Once you enrol, they confirm your attendance to SF and then they send the money to your bank. Uni accommodation will normally be sympathetic to delays caused by the SF process.*

ReputationRep:
    No deadline for updating bank details. As long as it's updated before the payment.

Once you put the bank details in, it usually updates within a few hours on the system and changes the 'blocked' payments to 'approved'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.