The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cedrico tresor
Must be living under a rock! KWM is finitoooo

digging up old posts eh?
Original post by J-SP
Use STAR - they will want to know what the outcome/result was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks so much, you're a star.
Original post by Ambry
I feel the same as you! I think if I had been asked them in a real interview I would be able to put my point across a lot better! I was very aware I was being recorded and that if I stumbled over any words I couldn't correct it due to the time limit XD

Haha, I've lived in a bunch of places abroad and my accent gets all weird if I'm trying to talk slowly :P Happenned in my vid interview, will probably be hillarious to the person who watches it (or just sad)...
Does anyone have any info about the Bakers or Mayer Brown AC's? Willing to give info on Simmons, Shearman, BLP or PWC :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by J-SP
Everyone thinks their video interviews are bad - it's where people generally don't like to listen or watch to themselves talk.

Unless you come across as completely disinterested, or do something stupid like swear/give up without even trying, it's probably not half as bad as you think it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i always seem to cut off mid sentence and then panic! eek!
Has anyone heard back about VS apps from CMS, Clyde & Co, Pinsent Masons?
Original post by Dust potatoes

I've heard back from CMS but I applied in November and it took them 3-4 weeks. Still waiting to hear from Pinsent Masons but I've heard they're non-rolling.
Original post by Dust potatoes

Applied start of Dec for Clyde's and not heard anything, haven't seen anyone hearing much from Pinsents and when I applied for CMS it took them ages to get back to me x
Has anyone heard back from Weil?
Anybody have any tips for Ashurst interview/AC? I don't know what to expect!
Reply 1790
Original post by hannahmm
I've heard back from CMS but I applied in November and it took them 3-4 weeks. Still waiting to hear from Pinsent Masons but I've heard they're non-rolling.

Haven't heard back from Clydes yet. I think it will most likely be this week as they hold AC's in January.
Original post by _Fergo
Has anyone heard back from Weil?

I'll be applying these few days... Do you know if they accept on a rolling basis or assess after the deadline?
Original post by Alice-emilyJ
Anybody have any tips for Ashurst interview/AC? I don't know what to expect!

When did you hear back from them?
Original post by likezerogravity
When did you hear back from them?

They told me I had an interview on 23rd December, but only gave me the date/ details last week
PFO from Clyde and Co a classy 2 and a bit months after applying. However, the PFO said thank you for attending our assessment day, it was a pleasure to meet you etc but i had not attended an AC. Did anyone else get this?
Anyone got any tips for the Simmons & Simmons Assessment Centre? :P
Original post by likezerogravity
I'll be applying these few days... Do you know if they accept on a rolling basis or assess after the deadline?

They state that they recruit on a rolling basis, but haven't been able to find anyone who's heard back for the summer scheme.
Original post by _Fergo
They state that they recruit on a rolling basis, but haven't been able to find anyone who's heard back for the summer scheme.

Someone's had a video interview.
Hi All,

Apparently Freshfields is welcoming interviewees this week at their offices:

Has anyone received an invitation? If so when did you submit your application

Thank you
Original post by thebadboy761
Someone's had a video interview.

May well be a rejection for the rest of us then...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending