Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    In July I made an online account and applied for funding for studying at the University of Edinburgh. After I contacted Customer Service I learned that, for EU nationals, only loans for English universities were available.

    I sent an email to complain about not being able to create a new application or deleting my old one.

    I received this response from Darlington Complaints:

    I am sorry to learn of the issues you have experienced regarding your
    Postgraduate Loan application and I would like to apologise that you have
    been unable to update your application online and for any inconvenience
    this has caused.

    I can confirm that non UK EU students must be studying at a university in
    England on a master’s degree to be eligible for Postgraduate Loan funding.
    As you have applied for a master’s degree course at Edinburgh University
    you are not eligible for funding. In addition, universities are instructed
    to provide details of all courses which are eligible for support on our
    shared database. If a course is not present it would either not be
    eligible for support, under a different name or the university have not yet
    put this on our database.

    I have requested that your application is cancelled so that you can create
    another application should you wish to apply for funding for a master’s
    degree course at a university in England as you have mentioned you have
    received an offer to study at an English university. You can create a new
    application online or by completing the paper application form attached to
    this email.

    One month later...still stuck. And I sent an application by post which turned to be on the wrong form. Now I can't sent another because my ID card hasn't been returned. I was told it was sent back on the 11th. Two weeks later and still nothing. I can't even retrieve my passport without my ID card. How is the evidence sent back?

    Is it that hard to repair an account? Can I make another one?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    ID evidence is sent back by recorded delivery. I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 we can check your account and give you the tracking number for the ID evidence. You cannot create a new account.

  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.